[SOLVED] Active or Passive Displayport to HDMI adapter?

I'd like to add a third monitor to my setup, but it only takes HDMI. I have already one monitor on Displayport and one on HDMI. My RTX 2070 doesn't have another available HDMI Port, so I'm wondering if the RTX 2070 can support a passive Displayport to HDMI cable, or will I need to buy an active converter?

I'm not trying to run 4K 60 fps or anything crazy over this cable; one of the HDMI monitors is 1080p60 and the other is 768p60.

Solution
I'd like to add a third monitor to my setup, but it only takes HDMI. I have already one monitor on Displayport and one on HDMI. My RTX 2070 doesn't have another available HDMI Port, so I'm wondering if the RTX 2070 can support a passive Displayport to HDMI cable, or will I need to buy an active converter?

I'm not trying to run 4K 60 fps or anything crazy over this cable; one of the HDMI monitors is 1080p60 and the other is 768p60.
Yes, all graphics cards support passive adapters.

You can use a passive adapter if the source supports dual-mode (DP++). The card will perform the conversion itself and output an HDMI signal from the DP port. It is very likely that your RTX 2070 does support dual mode, but it may depend on the...

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
You can use a passive adapter if the source supports dual-mode (DP++). The card will perform the conversion itself and output an HDMI signal from the DP port. It is very likely that your RTX 2070 does support dual mode, but it may depend on the particular model/manufacturer.

Best to check the documentation for your card first for dual mode or DP++.

You can use a passive adapter if the source supports dual-mode (DP++). The card will perform the conversion itself and output an HDMI signal from the DP port. It is very likely that your RTX 2070 does support dual mode, but it may depend on the particular model/manufacturer.

I have an EVGA XC Gaming model.

EVGA's product page is extremely lacking in information, and the most I can find on forums is a moderator telling the original poster to contact support. I can contact support but I'd rather get a quick answer from a forum than wait several days to get a reply from a rep.

As far as markings on the card, I see DP symbols but no DP++ symbols.

Yes, all graphics cards support passive adapters.

It won't be mentioned in documentation, because it is so standard that no one bothers declaring support for it.

All graphics cards support DP++.

Solution