Active port ties to process

etdavenport

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Is there a program out there like activeports 1.4 that will work with window 7? I would like to see what processes are using what ports and why.

Thanks!

Solution
I’ve been hunting for an Active Ports replacement for Windows 7 for ages. Turns out there was one there all along.
Open Task Manager and on the Performance tab there is a button that launches “Resource Monitor”. Once open, go to the Network tab and under “TCP Connections” you can view a list of processes and ports – both sortable. Job done – phew!

etdavenport

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
I found process explorer, but i am not sure if or how it can show me what port and bandwidth it is using and what ip it is talking to. My comouter has been trying to contact odd places and I would like to know why.

etdavenport

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

Yea that would actually work. I think I would have to be watching real time as the process used a port. I guess what i need is something that monitors all port traffic, logs it, and in the log info, identifies which process used what port and to what address it tried to communicate.

phillyndon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
I’ve been hunting for an Active Ports replacement for Windows 7 for ages. Turns out there was one there all along.
Open Task Manager and on the Performance tab there is a button that launches “Resource Monitor”. Once open, go to the Network tab and under “TCP Connections” you can view a list of processes and ports – both sortable. Job done – phew!

Solution

tjdarth@verizon

Honorable
May 28, 2012

Hip . .Hip . .Hooray!!!!! Thanks loads
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hello:

BTW: Norton 360v5 says that activeportv1.4 is an infection!!