My Norton security center will not open. I get the message " Your current
settings
prohibit running activex controls on this page" I don't know anything about
activex.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Doug
--
Welcome to Windows. If it breaks we
will let you keep both halves.

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

ActiveX is a model for writing programs so that other programs and the
operating system can call them. ActiveX technology is used with Microsoft
Internet Explorer to make interactive web pages that look and behave like
computer programs, rather than static pages. With ActiveX, users can ask or
answer questions, use push buttons, and interact in other ways with the web
page. ActiveX controls are often written using Visual Basic.

Unfortunately Activex format can be used to make spyware, that is why
Internet Explorer is configured by default to prevent running pages based on
Activex as a matter of security. If you know the web page poses no threat,
and want to allow its execution, you can allow it in Internet
Options\Security\Internet\Customized level\Activex Controls.....

Regards.