lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing and I
have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did, and
this redundancy.

I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through it I
get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With regards
to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or more.
It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download ActiveX
from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security help
pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.

Please help?

Regards: Scott

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

Hello.
I just found out that my post has been answered. By a person named
installer. It was answered on August fifteenth. Unfortunately, their
suggestions on how to fix the problem didn't work for me. Specifically, the
part about "view objects" in Internet Explorer tools, Internet options. I
was able to click on this button, and a window came up asking me what program
I wanted to use to open, or view. Whereas, installer only told me to delete
all files, after I clicked on the "view objects"

"Lewis wrote home:

> Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing and I
> have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did, and
> this redundancy.
>
> I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through it I
> get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
> Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With regards
> to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or more.
> It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download ActiveX
> from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security help
> pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.
>
> Please help?
>
> Regards: Scott

The same files are in C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"Lewis" <Lewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I just found out that my post has been answered. By a person named
> installer. It was answered on August fifteenth. Unfortunately, their
> suggestions on how to fix the problem didn't work for me. Specifically,
> the
> part about "view objects" in Internet Explorer tools, Internet options. I
> was able to click on this button, and a window came up asking me what
> program
> I wanted to use to open, or view. Whereas, installer only told me to
> delete
> all files, after I clicked on the "view objects"
>
> "Lewis wrote home:
>
>> Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing
>> and I
>> have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did,
>> and
>> this redundancy.
>>
>> I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through
>> it I
>> get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
>> Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With
>> regards
>> to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or
>> more.
>> It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download
>> ActiveX
>> from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security
>> help
>> pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.
>>
>> Please help?
>>
>> Regards: Scott

Installer

Distinguished
May 8, 2005

Hello , Tools / internet Options / General {tab} / Settings {button} / View
Objects {button} / delete all items . Start fresh and download as needed per
website . I alwys leave "Shockwave Flash Object" .
--
Hello again , with ---->>> XP Home OS , the above path will bring you to
"Downloaded Programs" that is after selecting the "View Objects" button .

"Lewis" wrote:

> Hello.
> I just found out that my post has been answered. By a person named
> installer. It was answered on August fifteenth. Unfortunately, their
> suggestions on how to fix the problem didn't work for me. Specifically, the
> part about "view objects" in Internet Explorer tools, Internet options. I
> was able to click on this button, and a window came up asking me what program
> I wanted to use to open, or view. Whereas, installer only told me to delete
> all files, after I clicked on the "view objects"
>
> "Lewis wrote home:
>
> > Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing and I
> > have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did, and
> > this redundancy.
> >
> > I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through it I
> > get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
> > Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With regards
> > to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or more.
> > It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download ActiveX
> > from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security help
> > pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.
> >
> > Please help?
> >
> > Regards: Scott

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

Hi again Installer. I did a search on my PC for " Downloaded Program files '
There is no such folder. However, there is a file thathas that exact name.
Can't open it due to file type. And it has zero bytes in it. I remember that
seeing that folder before, about a couple months ago. Remember looking in it
and seeing alot of stuff. Curious. Any other suggestions Installer? Thank
you for the extra help in that reply BTW.

Regards: Scott

"Installer" wrote:

> Hello , Tools / internet Options / General {tab} / Settings {button} / View
> Objects {button} / delete all items . Start fresh and download as needed per
> website . I alwys leave "Shockwave Flash Object" .
> --
> Hello again , with ---->>> XP Home OS , the above path will bring you to
> "Downloaded Programs" that is after selecting the "View Objects" button .
> "Downloaded Programs is where you will view all ActiveX . ActiveX can always
> be downloaded as you need it and you would be promted to load ActiveX at the
> moment of need . If you find "Downloaded Programs" and th problem persists ,
> uninstall Norton . Then of course install again . And please don't forget to
> run a "Full" scan before moving on to any activity . Good Luck Lewis .
> --
> KD
>

> "Lewis" wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> > I just found out that my post has been answered. By a person named
> > installer. It was answered on August fifteenth. Unfortunately, their
> > suggestions on how to fix the problem didn't work for me. Specifically, the
> > part about "view objects" in Internet Explorer tools, Internet options. I
> > was able to click on this button, and a window came up asking me what program
> > I wanted to use to open, or view. Whereas, installer only told me to delete
> > all files, after I clicked on the "view objects"
> >
> > "Lewis wrote home:
> >
> > > Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing and I
> > > have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did, and
> > > this redundancy.
> > >
> > > I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through it I
> > > get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
> > > Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With regards
> > > to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or more.
> > > It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download ActiveX
> > > from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security help
> > > pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.
> > >
> > > Please help?
> > >
> > > Regards: Scott

Installer

Distinguished
May 8, 2005

Hello , 1) What Operating System are you using ? The path posted to view
items in "Downloaded Program Files" was for XP . 2) "search" ActiveX and
delete them ? If ActiveX is not found , and the security check / security
scan website is the only problem reguarding ActiveX dowload , Do contact them
via E-Mail . 3) Now , reguarding the 'Information Bar" ... this is always
located at the top of the website window / page . Look carefuly at the
"information bar" and read the options and select one of the options . 4)
Just before selecting scan now ... read the requirements that states ... do
not browse or close this window duiring scan .
--
KD

"Lewis" wrote:

> Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing and I
> have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did, and
> this redundancy.
>
> I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through it I
> get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
> Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With regards
> to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or more.
> It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download ActiveX
> from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security help
> pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.
>
> Please help?
>
> Regards: Scott

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

Installer. Thanks again for seeing that post. I have searched, and deleted
all content regarding ActiveX. I am using WinXP. I will contact Norton.
Installer. I can't get the information bar anymore. I have no folder named "
Downloaded Program Files. I can't even get that yellow bar that shows up
under the URL bar that used to allow me to click on it and select " Download
ActiveX ". i honestly have seen that info bar many times. I am used to it.
But it won't appear anymore. There used to be a sound that accompanied it.
That is not there either.

Any other suggestions? I do appreciate your help so far. :)

Regards: Scott

"Lewis" wrote:

> Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing and I
> have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did, and
> this redundancy.
>
> I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through it I
> get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
> Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With regards
> to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or more.
> It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download ActiveX
> from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security help
> pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.
>
> Please help?
>
> Regards: Scott

Installer

Distinguished
May 8, 2005

Hello , Good idea to contact Norton or Symantec . Just for the heck of it I
ran and successfuly finished the "Security scan" at Symantec , and the
results were good . However , this time I did not get the option to select
"Download ActiveX" and the information bar did not appear either . I opened
"Downloaded Program Files" and the ActiveX was listed and out of habit I
selcted to remove . The reason for your WinXP is not found via the navigation
I posted , is strange enough to me . I know of a Windows98 that has
"Downloaded Program Files" However , this Labtop I have is my first PC ever
and bought in October 2003 . I have learned much and stumbledonto a whole lot
of things in this PC and enjoy very much . And extending the warrentee to 4
years allowed me a source for help by phone free of charge for its duration .
Live chat with the Manufacterer of the PC is another source . And of course
Newsgroups are great with the Experts . By the way , it just dawned on me . 5
days ago I adjusted "Internet " Security settings . ha ;;; try looking at
your settings : Internet Options / Internet Properties / tab Security /
click Custom Level button . View the ActiveX settings per action . There are
6 . If in doubt , click OK / select "Default" / OK go back and view the
changes and note the differences ? Might just find a solution and a way to
"tweak" your settings to your liking . Good Luck .
--
KD

"Lewis" wrote:

> Installer. Thanks again for seeing that post. I have searched, and deleted
> all content regarding ActiveX. I am using WinXP. I will contact Norton.
> Installer. I can't get the information bar anymore. I have no folder named "
> Downloaded Program Files. I can't even get that yellow bar that shows up
> under the URL bar that used to allow me to click on it and select " Download
> ActiveX ". i honestly have seen that info bar many times. I am used to it.
> But it won't appear anymore. There used to be a sound that accompanied it.
> That is not there either.
>
> Any other suggestions? I do appreciate your help so far. :)
>
> Regards: Scott
>
> "Lewis" wrote:
>
> > Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing and I
> > have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did, and
> > this redundancy.
> >
> > I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through it I
> > get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
> > Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With regards
> > to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or more.
> > It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download ActiveX
> > from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security help
> > pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.
> >
> > Please help?
> >
> > Regards: Scott

Installer

Distinguished
May 8, 2005

**** finaly registered and noticed : You clearly stated WinXP and you had
ActiveX settings in place , in your original post .. oops .

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:09:02 -0700, Lewis wrote:

> Installer. Thanks again for seeing that post. I have searched, and deleted
> all content regarding ActiveX. I am using WinXP. I will contact Norton.
> Installer. I can't get the information bar anymore. I have no folder named "
> Downloaded Program Files. I can't even get that yellow bar that shows up
> under the URL bar that used to allow me to click on it and select " Download
> ActiveX ". i honestly have seen that info bar many times. I am used to it.
> But it won't appear anymore. There used to be a sound that accompanied it.
> That is not there either.
>
> Any other suggestions? I do appreciate your help so far. :)
>
> Regards: Scott
>
> "Lewis" wrote:
>
>> Note: I posted this question yesterday, but the list was not refreshing and I
>> have no idea whether this actually got posted or not. Sorry if it did, and
>> this redundancy.
>>
>> I have Norton Internet Security 2005. When checking my security through it I
>> get a page asking me to click on the " Information bar " and download
>> Activex. There is no information bar and I can go no further. With regards
>> to Windows XP. I have had no major changes in my PC in the last week or more.
>> It seems recently that I haven't been getting the message to download ActiveX
>> from any web sites. Using both Windows XP and Norton Internet security help
>> pages, I have all the necessary settings to comply with ActiveX.
>>
>> Please help?
>>
>> Regards: Scott

Had this problem once. Try looking in control panel for
"sounds and multimedia" , sounds tab. The info bar has its
own setting. The setting for that enables/disables the
visibility of the info bar. At least it did in my case.
There may be other settings to change as well.
--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed