Activision Talks Infinity Ward, Mystery Bungie Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Of course recruiting is not a problem, as a lot of people are still unemployed. Most of them need the money and don't care about the activision's attitude or history. At least not yet.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
sliem couldn't have said it any better. What kind of idiotic propaganda effort is a statement like that? No shit its not hard to find incredible talent in these record unemployment times. As far as rebuilding the IW brand and team, well they have their work cut out for them. They are always going to be just a shell of their former greatness after much of the original talent left.

What we’re trying to do is say that IW is a culture, it’s a way of doing things

Sounds very close to a cult if you ask me.

polly the parrot

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I have a few great, revolutionary ideas if I were to be a script writer.

-Protagonist tries to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland/underground with mutated monsters/experiments.

-Protagonist is in some type of squad and uses guns to shoot NPCs and accomplish missions.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]polly the parrot[/nom]I have a few great, revolutionary ideas if I were to be a script writer.-Protagonist tries to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland/underground with mutated monsters/experiments.-Protagonist is in some type of squad and uses guns to shoot NPCs and accomplish missions.[/citation]

I've got $25 million for you to develop either of those games. It'll revolutionize the way you game.*

*Trade Mark Apple inc.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]I've got $25 million for you to develop either of those games. It'll revolutionize the way you game.**Trade Mark Apple inc.[/citation]
Those ideas are magical.

Those will never sell, too radical.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
IW abandoned their "culture" of true PC gaming with MW2. I serioulsy doubt anyone they bring in will go back to their roots and make games more suitable for the PC. I am afraid the "consolization" will continue.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Halo basically was Marathon 4. After how disappointing the Halo games were from a story and potential standpoint, I don't think I want to see anymore FPS from them unless it's something built for PCs and not a console port, which will happen when Hell freezes over. Another Myth game would be cool, but I don't think they even own the IP anymore. They had to sell it to Take-Two in the deal where they sold their soul to Microsoft.

jaramill

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
[citation][nom]frozentundra123456[/nom]IW abandoned their "culture" of true PC gaming with MW2. I serioulsy doubt anyone they bring in will go back to their roots and make games more suitable for the PC. I am afraid the "consolization" will continue.[/citation]
I'm curious "frozentundra123456" what was the culture before? I recently got back into gaming (prior was only LucasArts games - Star Wars) and first game back was CoD4-MW from IW. I'm a PC guy at heart and if I can avoid buying a console, great. That way my PC serves more than 1 purpose (i.e. surfing the web, e-mail).

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Of course recruiting is not a problem, as a lot of people are still unemployed. Most of them need the money and don't care about the activision's attitude or history. At least not yet.[/citation]
You've hit the nail in the head.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
lol yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of arrogant know nothing 'talents' that can't wait to get on board the Activision money train. I'm still not convinced that everything coming out of there now won't be a complete P.O.S

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]DJ898[/nom]The quality of the new games is important but Activision is a S.O.B. They gutted Infinity Ward and ruined Starcraft 2 just so they could rake in more cash with no regard to employees or gamers. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/vi [...] _id=128252I will never buy another Activision game.[/citation]
Same here man, same here....

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Recruiting is one thing...
Producing quality object code that I will pay real dollars for is something else entirely...

I pulled down a demo for the Steam version if this COD when they did their free weekend usage thing. Frankly I was disappointed.
My wallet will remain closed to them, for now. --> And this is that the share holders see.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Halo basically was Marathon 4. After how disappointing the Halo games were from a story and potential standpoint, I don't think I want to see anymore FPS from them unless it's something built for PCs and not a console port, which will happen when Hell freezes over. Another Myth game would be cool, but I don't think they even own the IP anymore. They had to sell it to Take-Two in the deal where they sold their soul to Microsoft.[/citation]

itsrather odd ,actully way back before bungie got bought by MS , and tehyw ere doing halo for PC and mac , i read an article that devs were saying they stil hadn't decided on 3rd person or first person view.. in all hoensty i was wanting halo to be a 3rd person shooter, and i relaly think bungie should have gone that route with it , but well ms bought them and needed a fpser for thier launch line up so go figure.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
''What we’re trying to do is say that IW is a culture, it’s a way of doing things, there’s a lot of people there and there’s still a lot of passion for doing it''

Screwing us up with 15$ map packs, no dedicated servers, hacking 12 years old among other things? A passion for milking a nice franchise to death?

zmbcat

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
"But the process is going to be cool, the launch is going to be incredible. I’m really excited." somehow after reading this i dont even want to see the stupid crap they are going to release.

G

Well, maybe with new people in IW, they can go back to being a quality developer like they were before releasing sub-par games like COD4 and MW2. (But I won't hold my breath on that one)

Status
Not open for further replies.