AD 2003 User login question

I have some users that cant log onto the AD 2003 domain with
username@domain.com. They have to use their prewindows2000 login name and
choose the AD domain from the drop down list. I also have a user that can
log onto the AD 2003 domain using their fully qualified login name but cant
change their password (The get a no domain server available error). BUT they
can change their password if they log into the domain using the pre
windows2000 login. This doesnt make sense at all. These computers have also
been added to the AD2003 domain. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:17:04 -0700, Jerry Farkas <JerryFarkas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have some users that cant log onto the AD 2003 domain with
>username@domain.com. They have to use their prewindows2000 login name and
>choose the AD domain from the drop down list. I also have a user that can
>log onto the AD 2003 domain using their fully qualified login name but cant
>change their password (The get a no domain server available error). BUT they
>can change their password if they log into the domain using the pre
>windows2000 login. This doesnt make sense at all. These computers have also
>been added to the AD2003 domain. Anyone got any suggestions?
>
>Thanks

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=256287 Unable to Change Password with User Principal Name When a Global Catalog Server Is Unavailable

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP