Ad Blocker program for Microsoft Edge browser?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Knowing that AdBlock Plus is not yet compatible with Edge, is there something out there that will work? I'm set on using Edge as my primary browser in Windows 10, but I'm tired of those annoying ads that play before every YouTube video.:fou:

Dirty Deed

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
I'm also waiting for that adblock. Edge itself is good browser to use and has suprisingly good performance as well, but the lack of adblock addons makes it extremely vurnable.

GreyCatz

Distinguished

Greetings, Joseph:

The most recent Preview build (14342 Fast Ring) from May 10th includes AdBlock and AdBlock Plus as downloadable extensions. Both apps work like those used by e.g. Firefox, although they don't appear to be as customizable. But they get the work done.

These and a handful of other extensions have made Edge a much more attractive and useful proposition for me - and I've always liked the sleek, modern design of the Edge compared to most other browsers.

I don't know when these extensions will be made widely available, but just so you know - it's going to happen.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

ToineF

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014

I could swear a microsoft employee wrote that!

GreyCatz

Distinguished

Oh, I wish... I've been on the Insider Program for a year - and that's as close as it'll get.

Dirty Deed

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Thanks for the info! But as being in the ''normal phase/Slow Ring'', it propably becomes available for mainstream in June, that's what I've heard of. The most desperate ones, who would need it, are Windows Phone-users. Edge is superior in any way compared to the mobile IE, seen in Win 8.1, but the lack of adblocker on it makes the internet browsing on mobile phone painful to be honest... Not mentioning about the security as well.

Scott_95

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
There are no plans to ever introduce adblock or other good extensions we like to Microsoft Edge

Sorry folks, they are not interested, they dont want it, I dont use it and they dont care

SmartFix

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016

There is link to store for adblock and adblock plus but free button is greyed out.. on purpose ?

SpyPower_1

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

Two links my friend.

https://adblockplus.org/en/edge
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/

Haters gonna hate.

Robert_241

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Hello, I have gone to adblockplus.org/en/edge but there is not an option to download?

I don't want to be a Windows Insider - don't have the expertise for that.

Thanks,
James