Question Adapter for vga monitor to display part on gpu

woofwoofbark

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
I had an asus 7970 top edition , but have just bought the evga 2060 12GB xc gaming turing....
On the 7970 I had adapters for the vga monitor to dvi and for main monitor an adapter for hdmi to dvi

The 2060 for some reason the vga to dvi doesnt fit into the cards dvi connection , I tried a few times , so I want to buy a vga to display port adapter to connect my second monitor.
The card has an hdmi port so I have my main monitor connected..

Is this what I need ?
Dp To Vga Cable - Displayport To VGA Adapter Cables DP To VGA Converter Cables Male to Female Converter For PC Computer Laptop - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

The card I got
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 12GB XC GAMING Turing Graphics Card LN124826 - 12G-P4-2263-KR | SCAN UK

Cheers

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The 2060 for some reason the vga to dvi doesnt fit into the cards dvi connection , I tried a few times

It doesn't fit because your GPU has DVI-D (dual link) port, which only outputs digital signal. But does not have holes for analog signal (on the right side, above and below the slit).

While your current adapter is most likely DVI-I (dual link) for pins for analog signal as well.

DVI ports;

181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

From top to bottom, GPU has 4th port while your adapter has either 1st or 2nd port.

Yes, looks like so.

To convert DP or HDMI to VGA, you need active adapter, which converts digital signal to analog signal. The one you linked, seems to have the conversion chip in it.