Adapter Missing Error Message after logon

Chris

I installed NT 4 to my first computer without any errors but when I
created an image of the drive and placed the image on the second
computer I get the following error after logon:
------
at least one service or drive failed during system startup. use event
viewer to examine the event log for details.

The Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver service failed
to start due to the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
-------

Both computers have the same adapter card and in the second computer I
tried different pci slots + used another adapter card I new was
working. Neither computer is connected right now so it can't be
conflicting ip/netbios names.

Anyone know how I fix this error?

Thanks,
Chris

Calvin

Hi Chris,

Are you sure the the network cards in both machines are EXACTLY the same model
and using IDENTICAL resources (ie: same IRQ, same DMA, same I/O address space,
same memory map space)

If the card type is a 'plug and play', the machine BIOS will be doing the
initial configure on the card, and it is extremely unlikely that it will in fact
be set identically. If the card is configured by jumpers make sure it is set
exactly the same as the first PC.

Theoretically, if you can come up with the right answers, all you should need to
do is go into Settings > Control Panel > Network > Adapters Tab > Properties and
then correctly specify the resources the network card is using. A reboot should
then allow the network card to function properly.

Calvin.

Chris

I got it working. This computer has a setting in the bios for
Win98/2000 set to yes, I changed it to no and the error message went
away. It also can access the resources on the other computers.

Thanks for the reponses.
Chris