Question Adapter works fine on one PC, but has serious issues on another.

Jul 30, 2019
Hi, I just built a new system with a MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi, Ryzen 3700x, 32 gigs of corsair vengeance ram, a 750 watt psu, and an A6210 Netgear adapter.

Using this adapter on my older amd system, FX8350, GTX 1060, it works perfectly fine with no drop off in connection at all, no matter if connected to a USB 3.0 or 2.0. But as soon as I have it installed in this system with the exact same drivers and software, my download speeds have tanked as has my constant connection to the internet. I am able to connect, but it is not stable and randomly stops working all the time, the adapter doesn't show it coming unconnected but instead just stops receiving signals or something but I am unsure exactly... I've tested every single USB port on my new case and not a single one has gotten past this issue. I know there is a wifi card inside but it has lower range and it is also very unstable on the connections. I don't know if this is a motherboard issue or what, but I can find nothing online that can help me out and I really need to know if I have a faulty motherboard or what I am doing wrong. As I said before, drivers are the same, device is the same, only thing changing is what PC it is plugged in to. An example trying to connect is like trying to get into GTA 5, and it hits me with a failure to locate session even though I am constantly connected. I just tested this again not 5 minutes ago, and I was able to launch and stay in game on my older system, but was unable to even get into online on my newer system. I do not have access to ethernet.

Jul 30, 2019
The range/speed on the onboard wifi is not what I need for my household. I can not get closer to the router and I do not have ethernet available. The range and speed are much better on the adapter, and even using the onboard wifi it cuts out randomly. What I can see is the adapter rapidly connecting/disconnecting without any input from myself. I've already done the supposed fix to disable the NetgearUsbSwitch and that fixed it for 10 minutes and it started doing the same thing again. Doesn't matter the game, always disconnects.

Jul 30, 2019
I can confirm the inbuilt wifi card is doing the same exact thing. It's 'connected' but theres constantly an issue with joining online games with time out errors, disconnects, etc.

Jul 30, 2019
I mean it SHOULD be working. It works just fine in the same spot on my old PC, but the connection can not remain solid. The wifi is also switching to no internet connected when there is in fact no issue.

Jul 30, 2019
Like it just randomly slows down and randomly stops receiving/sending data as it doesn't always disconnect entirely from the system. But loading into a game shouldn't disconnect halfway through even though I've maintained a signal throughout the connection attempt.

Jul 30, 2019
@kanewolf Went out and bought a powerline adapter, it did not work. Tried multiple cables and both were plugged into walls and router/pc. I had speeds of less than 1 mb for about 10 seconds before it switched to no internet like the adapter and onboard wifi when the rest of the house and other devices had wifi. Your thoughts?

kanewolf

Titan
Were both ends of the powerline adapters plugged directly into the wall outlet, no power strips ?
Can you verify the powerline poor performance with another computer? There are too many variables.

Did you do a clean OS install on this new build?

Jul 30, 2019
Yes, yes and yes. The power line was connected but it said no internet but the adapters themselves were all green lights signifying connection, power, and data transfer over 80mbs. But it gave me 1.5 MB’s for a few minutes before turning to no internet like my WiFi adapters did. I’m taking it in today to try and find the problem because I can’t find an answer online and this problem itself is odd.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019
I've tried the wifi adapters on every other computer in my house and they work completely fine except on my new build, same drivers and same disabling netgearusbswitch.

Jul 30, 2019
The only connection that worked was a direct Ethernet connection to my router. I brought it in to be looked at because I have no clue but I’ll keep this post updated.