Adaptive Voltage Issue

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
OK, maybe I am missing something, maybe I am not.

I am overclocking my 7600k again, due to a windows 10 update wreaking my world. I had a 4.7ghz overclock that was stable, but ran fairly hot during the summer months. I am going for a 4.6ghz overclock this time.

My system seems stable, 8+ hours of Asus Real Bench + multiple IBT, using a manual voltage of 1.25. Now, as I understand it, and have read, I should take that and change from manual to adaptive + 0.01v or 0.02v for error.

My problem is, that with Adaptive voltage, my system wont stablize at all. I have even kicked up the voltage from 1.255 all the way to 1.280. At this point I changed the voltage back to manual and 1.25v, and resumed stress testing.

Am I incorrect? Am I misunderstanding Adaptive voltage? Is my board just bat shit crazy?

Specs:

Solution
I always use manual voltage setting and work out the LLC level that works best for the voltage used, that's going to yield a more constant voltage in the operating system.

If you need more info, please post your full hardware specs?
I always use manual voltage setting and work out the LLC level that works best for the voltage used, that's going to yield a more constant voltage in the operating system.

If you need more info, please post your full hardware specs?

Solution

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks Ryan. That does seem more familiar to me. I believe when I was overclocking my 2500k, and you were using a coleman cooler, I don't remember playing with adaptive at all. My specs are in the validation above, for the most part it is stable. I am still fine tuning the voltage to reach the lowest possible, so that is the only setting that would be different.

TRENDING THREADS