[SOLVED] ADATA external hard drive HD650 2TB stopped showing up in the Windows file explorer.

Apr 10, 2020
External HDD can be seen in the "Devices and Printers" section of Control Panel. But it doesn't show up in the file explorer nor does it appear in "Disk Management".

I have been using this external HDD for more than a year now and I haven't had any issues with it whatsoever until yesterday when all of a sudden it stopped showing up. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB port drivers. I am using Windows 10 and it is up-to date. It says in the "Devices" section that the device is working properly. Kindly see the links below.

Disk properties in device manager.
See "Devices and Printers" here.

Kindly let me know if you have anything that might help me get my drive back working. Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
In device manager. Delete it and say yes if it aask you if you want to remove software associated with it.
Unplug it, the usb cord, for a minute and then plug it back in. This will reload the driver.
Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

popatim

Titan
In device manager. Delete it and say yes if it aask you if you want to remove software associated with it.
Unplug it, the usb cord, for a minute and then plug it back in. This will reload the driver.

Solution
Apr 10, 2020
When you say Delete the disk from Device Manager, you mean Uninstall right?