Question Adata M.2 vs Samsung SSD

Jun 16, 2019
Im stuck between Adata XPG Sx8200 Pro 512gb and Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
I read some threads and it says to trust Samsung in this case.
The Adata one is faster so should i stick with it or go to the Evo?

(Also, is there any WD ones that are good which is the same price range as these guys?)

Last edited:
If I were told to choose between the two, I'd go with the Samsung.
1.) For me, Samsung is a known quality and after sales service scenario.
2.) The speed differences are likely not significant enough to warrant consideration.
3.) The only speed comparisons I saw between the two, pitted an Adata NVME against a Samsung 2.5" SATA drive.
Any speed difference is likely due to the interface bandwidth, rather than the drive quality. Ignorable at best.

Jun 16, 2019
If I were told to choose between the two, I'd go with the Samsung.
1.) For me, Samsung is a known quality and after sales service scenario.
2.) The speed differences are likely not significant enough to warrant consideration.
Will the samsung benefit me in the long run? I dont think I will upgrade anything sooner or later.
(They are exactly on the same price here)

In my experience, if you have a problem with the Samsung drive which requires replacement, you will have very little trouble replacing the drive. I have no direct experience with replacing Adata products, and so cannot comment out of personal interactions with their people. I have heard others speak of problems with replacing bad drives, though.

I tend to go with the organization that I know will support their products post-sale.

Jun 16, 2019
In my experience, if you have a problem with the Samsung drive which requires replacement, you will have very little trouble replacing the drive. I have no direct experience with replacing Adata products, and so cannot comment out of personal interactions with their people. I have heard others speak of problems with replacing bad drives, though.

I tend to go with the organization that I know will support their products post-sale.
On a second thought. Is there anything on the same price range that may perform faster than the 860 Evo? Im going to go transfer files quite often on a daily basis.