Question ADATA SSD Toolbox Firmware Update Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have an ADATA XPG SX8200NP 500GB NVM3 SSD as my boot drive. I installed the ADATA SSD Toolbox software and when I run and go to the Utilities Tab and click on Firmware Update, it warns me that it might destroy my data and that I need to back up my data before proceeding. Is this really necessary or is this just to cover their liability if something goes wrong? I've had this drive as my primary boot drive for about a year and never checked to see if there was a firmware update.

Last edited:

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I appreciate your response but that's not what I asked. I primarily have the operating system installed on this drive and most of my files on a different drive. I'm sure there are many others who have used the ADATA SSD Toolbox software who can tell me if they have ever experienced it causing the loss of any of there data and that's what I want to know.

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I just signed up for an IDrive account since it's currently only $6.95 for the first year for an individual account for 2TB. It is backing up my 2 drives on my desktop PC and my Android phone right now. When completed, I will update the Firmware on my NVMe SSD.

Dec 8, 2019
hi @dpeel!
I just bought an ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB m.2 and I didn't think of updating firmware right away. I already have my OS and adobe softwares in it. Did you lose any data after updating? Should I clone a backup before I update?

USAFRet

Titan
hi @dpeel!
I just bought an ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB m.2 and I didn't think of updating firmware right away. I already have my OS and adobe softwares in it. Did you lose any data after updating? Should I clone a backup before I update?
Whether he lost any data or not is irrelevant.
You personally should always have a backup. Doesn't have to be a full clone, but any operation like this indicates having a backup of whatever data you do not wish to lose.

I don't turn any of my systems ON without a known good backup.

Reactions: marktm00
Dec 8, 2019
Whether he lost any data or not is irrelevant.
You personally should always have a backup. Doesn't have to be a full clone, but any operation like this indicates having a backup of whatever data you do not wish to lose.

I don't turn any of my systems ON without a known good backup.

Thanks for replying, I ended up backing up my drive using EaseUs, and it just finished. Time to update the firmware! Hopefully, without losing data! :)

Dec 8, 2019
Hmm, so i ran the firmware update using ADATA SSD Toolbox but it just opens up a website link where I have to select their products. I select my specific one, and nothing happens. Maybe I already have my firmware updated?
It is currently version: SS0411B
Does anybody know if it's the latest for the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
Their website doesn't really tell me what is the latest version up to date...
Thanks!

Reactions: downace
Status
Not open for further replies.