[SOLVED] AData SU 630 - Is it normal for ssd to be 100% during installations/updates and slow down the whole PC?

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
I have a few years old AData SU630 that i have my windows on and my issue is whenever there is an installation or a windows update or for any reason the system is using the ssd to read and write something my whole PC because pretty much unusable until that operation is done (freezes, very slow alt tabbing, tabs not responding etc..).

Is this something common with SSDs or is my SSD that bad?

Solution
I have a few years old AData SU630 that i have my windows on and my issue is whenever there is an installation or a windows update or for any reason the system is using the ssd to read and write something my whole PC because pretty much unusable until that operation is done (freezes, very slow alt tabbing, tabs not responding etc..).

Sometimes when an SSD is very busy, it'll give you some delay/freezes until it's done doing operation, but Adata SU630 is not that good ssd, compared to my Klevv N400 240gb, it only give me delay/freezes if it's really really busy (which is almost none since it always done operation fast enough). I also have some friends that have issues...

Sometimes when an SSD is very busy, it'll give you some delay/freezes until it's done doing operation, but Adata SU630 is not that good ssd, compared to my Klevv N400 240gb, it only give me delay/freezes if it's really really busy (which is almost none since it always done operation fast enough). I also have some friends that have issues with ADATA SSDs. Either performance, durability, and the drive failure itself.

Solution

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Sometimes when an SSD is very busy, it'll give you some delay/freezes until it's done doing operation, but Adata SU630 is not that good ssd, compared to my Klevv N400 240gb, it only give me delay/freezes if it's really really busy (which is almost none since it always done operation fast enough). I also have some friends that have issues with ADATA SSDs. Either performance, durability, and the drive failure itself.

It was the Adata's issue indeed, it was getting to the point were the malwarebytes scan was slowing down my PC. I ended up replacing it with the Samsung 860 evo and the difference in performance is incredible.