[SOLVED] Adata SU650 vs WD Green (480GB) M.2 SSD. Which to get?

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
Solution
M2A and M2Q - are the names of the two slots you have on your motherboard.
I see. Now thing is, I need not worry about the connector because...[read below]
What you do is read reviews. You'll get the common theme quick enough.

Su650 Amazon reviews - 26% 1 star reviews
Su650 Newegg reviews - 39% 1 star reviews.

I'm thinking your friends are talking about the Su800 drive which is much better quality-wise.
That is what I did, reviews said Xpg even tho is faster than wd, easily breaks and less reliable. So,I followed some recommend and order a Crutial Mx500, should be here in 2 days. Thanks for everyone's help and answers really appreciate it.

Btw, I think I should either make this the best answer or the...

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
According to NewMaxx on reddit, go with the Adata SU650. The WD Green should be avoided.

https://ssd.borecraft.com/SSD_Buying_Guide.pdf

That was a quick and small answer thanks mate, also can you be so kind to help me with another small problem?

popatim

Titan
The Adata is the better performer but has a high failure rate . Check out the 1 star reviews on Amazon and newegg.

Honestly, spend the extra $8 and get the Mx500.

Lastly, these M2 drives are SATA drives and perform the same as their 2.5" Sata models models.
Please make sure your motherboards M2 slot supports SATA drives, not all of them do. Check your board's specs.

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
I see you posted your motherboard model# in your other thread.
Be sure to install the Sata M2 drive into the M2A slot. The M2Q slot only supports NVME/PCIe drives.
There are 2 m.2 slots, I reckon the top one supports both M2A and Q, right? I'll check if it's states there..

Edit: I checked my mobo page it says "Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface" it says dual sata so it should work.

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
The Adata is the better performer but has a high failure rate . Check out the 1 star reviews on Amazon and newegg.

Honestly, spend the extra $8 and get the Mx500.

Lastly, these M2 drives are SATA drives and perform the same as their 2.5" Sata models models.
Please make sure your motherboards M2 slot supports SATA drives, not all of them do. Check your board's specs.
ADATA or WD Green.
Neither.

Crucial MX500 for a very few more $.
Man, I heard Adata is better than Crucial, I don't mind not getting the extra 20Gigs for a 500. But You two are saying get crucial the other people are saying get Adata, now what...?

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
M2A and M2Q - are the names of the two slots you have on your motherboard.
I see. Now thing is, I need not worry about the connector because...[read below]
What you do is read reviews. You'll get the common theme quick enough.

Su650 Amazon reviews - 26% 1 star reviews
Su650 Newegg reviews - 39% 1 star reviews.

I'm thinking your friends are talking about the Su800 drive which is much better quality-wise.
That is what I did, reviews said Xpg even tho is faster than wd, easily breaks and less reliable. So,I followed some recommend and order a Crutial Mx500, should be here in 2 days. Thanks for everyone's help and answers really appreciate it.

Btw, I think I should either make this the best answer or the review one from
What you do is read reviews.

Solution