[SOLVED] adata su750 ssd and processor temp

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Hp 8760w Elitebook Laptop.
i7 2nd gen, 8gb ram (4+2x2) + nvidia 3000m quadro gpu + 500gb HDD WD Black and 512gb SSD Adata Su750(newest addition to the laptop).
I had 6 months ago i had an issue due to the temp, the laptop power button would not turn on (due to gpu), so having it repaired and services with new thermal paste for Gpu and Processor.
After the service, my webcam went dead (which i don't know why, using an external webcam now).

need to know having a constant 52C temp of SSD has any effects on the temperature of Processor and GPU for games and workload?
I have reduced the max processor state from 100% to 95% in power processor management under power plan in balanced. otherwise, the temp was constantly higher by 3-8 C than what I mentioned below.
Adata SSD temp is constantly at 52C after 1 min of loading the windows and hdd is 34-51C depends on loads.

I need help what to do and what could be the reason, and if ssd and hdd temp are the one casuing the high temp for pro and gpu during games.
Some details;
I have installed Adata Su750 SSD 512gb as the primary drive with 2 partitions, one for windows 10 64bit having 100gb n second for games, documents,.
My old WD Black 500GB HDD is now a storage drive with two partitions, one is for movies, and the other being for pictures and others.

I have installed SSD yesterday and installed an epic games emulator with fortnite and a few other games and Tencent emulator for pubg mobile today. so game play for 1-2 hours only.

Before adding SSD,
Processor temp was around 50-70 without games and with games like Fortnite or pubg emulator temp is always around 72-80C but i have seen reached 85 as well or maybe higher but never 90C (since lastest games isnt possible due to temp)
Gpu temp would be almost the same as processor temp but a little higher.

After SSD,
Processor temp is around the same without games, 50-72C, but with games, i felt the temp has increased after adding SSD and having HDD together. 72C-82C (mostly above 75C once the game started) and which may reach to or above 85C. While loading pubg mobile through Tencent it reaches 80C a couple of times before coming to 75C for mainscreen, which was strange, as it never did when I had HDD only.

Solution
(4+2x2)
You're working with three sticks of ram? You're supposed to be working with 2 or 4 sticks if the laptop has the option for 4slost for your ram.

What BIOS version are you currently on for the laptop?

Adata Su750 SSD 512gb as the primary drive with 2 partitions,
That's the first problem, you shouldn't create multiple partitions unless the partitions were created by the OS itself. in fact you should be seeing 3 partitions made by the OS, one of which has the actual OS. You should think about having the games installed on C as opposed to having them on a separate SSD partition, it only degrades the performance of the SSD. As for the SSD, have you checked to see if the SSD is pending any firmware updates...

Lutfij

Titan
(4+2x2)
You're working with three sticks of ram? You're supposed to be working with 2 or 4 sticks if the laptop has the option for 4slost for your ram.

That's the first problem, you shouldn't create multiple partitions unless the partitions were created by the OS itself. in fact you should be seeing 3 partitions made by the OS, one of which has the actual OS. You should think about having the games installed on C as opposed to having them on a separate SSD partition, it only degrades the performance of the SSD. As for the SSD, have you checked to see if the SSD is pending any firmware updates? Did you reinstall the OS after dropping in the SSD or was it a cloned install? Did you install all relevant laptop and chipset drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

As for the laptop, you shouldn't be playing games on that Quadro since it's not optimized for gaming, more a workstation card.

Solution

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
(4+2x2)

That's the first problem, you shouldn't create multiple partitions unless the partitions were created by the OS itself. in fact you should be seeing 3 partitions made by the OS, one of which has the actual OS. You should think about having the games installed on C as opposed to having them on a separate SSD partition, it only degrades the performance of the SSD. As for the SSD, have you checked to see if the SSD is pending any firmware updates? Did you reinstall the OS after dropping in the SSD or was it a cloned install? Did you install all relevant laptop and chipset drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

As for the laptop, you shouldn't be playing games on that Quadro since it's not optimized for gaming, more a workstation card.

Yes it have 4 ram slot. When it was bought this is how it came. i plan to add 4 gb ram more soon.

68SAD version F.66 is the lastest version through Hp website for this laptop
1. It has Three Partition. 50MB for system reserved, 97.61Gb for C Drive 379.28Gb for D Drive. IT is MBR (right now since i havnt turn UEFI boot Mode) and NTFS format.
  1. I have read numerous posts about SSD and partitions and it is not preferred to put games on the same folders as windows for numerous reasons like windows crashed or get corrupt.
  2. I have checked the firmware update through Adata SSD ToolBox (which needs a proper overhaul).
  3. I did a fresh install after making partitions on the SSD, since i just bought it a few days back. and resintall all the programs agains including the games.
  4. All the relevant drivers have been checked through windows update even the optional updates and then through Hp support Assistant program.
  5. Can you confirm what you mention by right-click installer?

The games fortnite and pubg mobiles been played on this laptop since 2019, without any real issues. Now after SSD (which did made booting and loading somewhat faster) i felt the pro and gpu is using moe power and tht is causing its temp to rises.

I use the laptop on a table or on a folding table with keeping 2 pencil sharper under the edge of backside for easy vent access. which does keep the laptop in the range i mentioned above.
I will buy a cooling fan later, but i need to know what the reason and ways i can improve my laptop withouth cooling fan.
Do recommend cooling fan from this website if possible. 17inch laptop
https://www.daraz.pk/catalog/?q=lap...spm=a2a0e.searchlist.search.go.73b315e2u15wPA

Thanks

Last edited: