ADATA XPG 8GB 2400Mhz VS Klevv 8GB 2133Mhz

vendetta041990

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Since I can't buy the Corsair ones because they cost ($120), I currently have a small budget right now and am currently deciding whether to buy the ADATA XPG ($73.68) or the Klevv($87.64) RAM.

I know that they are unpopular brands but which of the two are better?

Solution
That doesn't really change anything unless you go for DDR4-3000+ RAM. Most manufacturers sell kits with memory chips from different OEMs, e.g. There are faster G.Skill Trident Z kits with Samsung chips, and slower ones with SK Hynix ones.

I'd still recommend the ADATA, because it has a higher chance of working. (Also, it's apparently cheaper)

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
Complete product names, or in the best case, even the part numbers from the manufacturer would help a tad here.

Also, please tell us which motherboard you're using.

Brands don't matter too much with RAM normally, it's all about individual part compatibility with sepcific motherboards.

vendetta041990

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Im using the MSI H110M PRO VH. I dont know much about the product numbers with both RAMS since I only encountered them recently. The ADATA is DDR4 at 2400Mhz and the Klevv is also DDR4 but at 2133Mhz.

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
Well, without a product number or even a product name (for example, ADATA has the XPG series among others, Corsair has Vengeance and Dominator series, etc.).
Like this, I can only give you limited information:

There's no Klevv RAM listed on MSI's compatibility list for that motherboard. However, there's a fair amount of compatible ADATA RAM kits on that list. So I'd rather go with ADATA than Klevv in this case.

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
That doesn't really change anything unless you go for DDR4-3000+ RAM. Most manufacturers sell kits with memory chips from different OEMs, e.g. There are faster G.Skill Trident Z kits with Samsung chips, and slower ones with SK Hynix ones.

I'd still recommend the ADATA, because it has a higher chance of working. (Also, it's apparently cheaper)

Solution