Adata XPG Gammix S11 960GB NVMe SSD Review: Top Dollar Performance At Bottom Dollar Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

bburko01

Honorable
Jan 24, 2017
I was just thinking of upgrading to a M.2 with the 1 TB Sasmsung 970 Pro. I do a fair amount of hobby stuff with the Adobe suite (photoshop, after effects and premier pro). The only game I really play is World of Warships. I'll have to compare specs but the XPG has the same amount of space pretty much. Do you guys think I would do just as well and saving some cash by getting the XPG? Only difference I see here is the TBW. Not sure if I need to be seriously concerned with that. Thanks for your thoughts,

USAFRet

Titan

For your use, the 970 EVO is zero performance difference from the 970 Pro.

But that ADATA would probably serve just as well.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I appreciate that you included a mechanical hard drive in some of these benchmarks. It helps put SSD performance in perspective when you see that mechanical drive lagging behind with 1/10 of the performance.

Erik_37

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017

Will it be supported eventually and is good enough to use without the ssd toolbox?

USAFRet

Titan

"eventually"...only ADATA knows.

Good enough? Maybe. I wouldn't discount that drive simply because that toolkit doesn't know about it.
For similar performance to a 970 Pro, and significant price reduction....I might go for it if I was in the market for a M.2 NVMe.

Status
Not open for further replies.