News Adata XPG's Xenia Xe Gaming Laptop Is Ultrabook Slim

Zescion

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020
Gaming? Realistically it's a light gaming machine, with all games running around 1366x768 or 720p.

Agree. It's laughable that they promote it as a gaming laptop. What is for, the led strip?
As a reference, it costs and weight the same as an Asus Zephyrus G14, which is a real gaming ultrabook and hopefully will be updated to new CPUs and GPUs in this first half of the year

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
Agree. It's laughable that they promote it as a gaming laptop. What is for, the led strip?
As a reference, it costs and weight the same as an Asus Zephyrus G14, which is a real gaming ultrabook and hopefully will be updated to new CPUs and GPUs in this first half of the year
It's comparable to the original PS4, so not too bad. Certainly more than enough for CS:GO, LOL and DOTA, which seem popular options for laptop players.

Personally though, I'd also rather wait for the new Ryzen APU models...

Jun 24, 2021
After having tried most of the other mainstream 15.6" laptops, I settled on the 16GB i7 Xenia Xe and LOVE it.
Note that I am NOT a gamer. I use it as a second laptop at home and for working remotely when AWAY from home. (I have a loaded 32GB Acer Predator hooked up to two 24" Dell Ultra Sharp monitors for working from home).

The XPG Xenia Xe has pretty much everything I love about the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex:
  • Solid performance
  • Very portable and reasonably lightweight for a 15.6" laptop
  • Very good battery life
  • Great very bright screen.

The XPG also adds the following additional benefits over the Galaxy Book Flex for me:
  • Nicer keyboard feel (albeit, perhaps, a bit too stiff - high actuation force required)
  • Better audio (crisper and louder)
  • Better wifi performance (despite same Intel AX201 Wifi 6 adapter as the Flex). I get almost 50% better speeds with the XPG than the Flex. XPG > 600 Mbps over wifi when far from the router / satellite, vs only 400 Mbps for the Galaxy Book Flex.
  • Lightning fast SSD (drive)
  • Additional ports (USB-A most notably and HDMI)
  • Much quieter so far (likely due to more room under the unit for cooling.

I have tried all of the following and prefer the XPG Xenia Xe for it all around performance and features:

Dell XPS15 (kept about 2 years I believe, then sold)
LG Gram 15 (returned to store)
MSI (returned to store).
Lenovo Thinkpad Extreme Gen 1 (kept 1 year. then sold)
HP Elitebook 1050 G1 (kept 1 year, then given to my wife for WFH, along with her XPS13 - which was also mine before)
Samsung Galaxy Book Flex (owned for 1 year 2 months till I found out about the XPG Xenia Xe).

Aside from it not being cheap, it is a great laptop (again I am NOT a gamer)!
Nice job Adata!
The only thing missing IMO is a 2nd memory slot to support RAM upgrades (to 32GB e.g.)
But 16GB is enough for now.