AdAware Problems

Alias

I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and then
check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the program
shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three computers,
one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.

Thanks!

Alias

Alias:

Apparently there are new definitions available, but with server problems,
the way it looks.
Just try again later and then see what happens.

Harry.

From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>

| I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and then
| check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the program
| shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three computers,
| one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
|
| Thanks!
|
| Alias

You are not alone !

Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Just was able to download "SE1R65 08.09.2005" definitions files, Alias.
Maybe it will work for you too now.

Harry.

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
then
> check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
program
> shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
computers,
> one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alias

Alias

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote
> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>
>
> | I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
> then
> | check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
> program
> | shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
> computers,
> | one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
> |
> | Thanks!
> |
> | Alias
> |

> You are not alone !
>
> Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.
>
> --
> Dave

Glad to hear it isn't my computers. Thanks.

Alias

Alias

And when you check for updates again, it says no updates? What definition
file does the main window say you have installed and loaded?

Alias

"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote

> Just was able to download "SE1R65 08.09.2005" definitions files, Alias.
> Maybe it will work for you too now.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
> then
>> check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
> program
>> shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
> computers,
>> one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Alias

Alias

Now it works.

Thanks,

Alias
"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote

> Just was able to download "SE1R65 08.09.2005" definitions files, Alias.
> Maybe it will work for you too now.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it and
> then
>> check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date that the
> program
>> shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This happens on three
> computers,
>> one with XP Home and the other two with XP Pro.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Alias

Shane

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>
>
>> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it
>> and then check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date
>> that the program shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This
>> happens on three computers, one with XP Home and the other two with
>> XP Pro.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Alias
>>

> You are not alone !
>
> Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.

How bleedin' unusual!

btw Dave, I can't tell you how much it galls me to bottom-post here. I hope
you appreciate it, young man!

Shane

From: "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>
>>
>>> I am getting an update for today's date and every time I install it
>>> and then check again, there it is to be downloaded. The latest date
>>> that the program shows I have installed is August 31, 2005. This
>>> happens on three computers, one with XP Home and the other two with
>>> XP Pro.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Alias
>>>
>> You are not alone !
>>
>> Looks like there is a Lavasoft server problem.
|
| How bleedin' unusual!
|
| btw Dave, I can't tell you how much it galls me to bottom-post here. I hope
| you appreciate it, young man!
|
| Shane

Hi shane:

It doesn't bother me if you Bottom Post or Top Post. I just care about content ;-)

Post as you feel comfortable as long as it is logical for the situation at hand.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you want in
a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out with lye
soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are probably about the
same age, you know)

Cheers......Mum

From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid>

| Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you want in
| a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out with lye
| soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are probably about the
| same age, you know)
|
| Cheers......Mum

Next month -- I'll hit 44. Oh Boy !!

--

> From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid>
>
> | Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you want
in
> | a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out with lye
> | soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are probably about
the
> | same age, you know)
> |
> | Cheers......Mum
>
> Next month -- I'll hit 44. Oh Boy !!

Sigh......wish I was that young!! Happy birthday in advance.

Cheers......Heather

David H. Lipman wrote:

> From: "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid>
>
> | Hey guys.......it is TOP posting in the MS groups and whatever you want in
> | a.c.a.v.......grin. And I am going to wash Shane's mouth out with lye
> | soap!! However, it was justified, old guy. (you two are probably about the
> | same age, you know)
> |
> | Cheers......Mum
>
> Next month -- I'll hit 44. Oh Boy !!

Lucky you! I have one son that age and another to be 46 in December.
Heather says "wish I was that young" but, I have to say "been there,
done that" and not sure I want to do it all again. Now I leave it all up
to the "kids" and grand kids. Maybe they can improve on the job us
oldies did. Hopefully, we gave them something to work with.

I will join Figgs in offering early wishes for a happy birthday.

sced13ri

From: "sced13ri" <sced13ri@nowhere.invalid>

| Lucky you! I have one son that age and another to be 46 in December.
| Heather says "wish I was that young" but, I have to say "been there,
| done that" and not sure I want to do it all again. Now I leave it all up
| to the "kids" and grand kids. Maybe they can improve on the job us
| oldies did. Hopefully, we gave them something to work with.
|
| I will join Figgs in offering early wishes for a happy birthday.
|
| sced13ri

Thanx sced13ri !!

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Shane

Sometimes I think, as the link for the zip downloads the old version, it's
not that the servers are overloaded but that Lavasoft haven't uploaded the
new defs before announcing them. In almost every case in which I've got the
'no updates available' message following Silj or other's announcement of new
defs, I've subsequently tried the zip link and that zip has contained the
old defs version.

Shane

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org>
>
>> Now it works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alias
>
> Finally got; SE1R65 08.09.2005 as well
> Connected to: ev1s-67-15-193-252.ev1servers.net

<lol> What's new <g>
Joan

Shane wrote:

> Shane, old and facetious (and plagiarous)

<lol> You tell em girl <g> don't know whether you've noticed but there
seems to be quite a few of the XP regulars creeping in here just lately.
Joan

From: "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com>

| <lol> You tell em girl <g> don't know whether you've noticed but there
| seems to be quite a few of the XP regulars creeping in here just lately.
| Joan

And some of the WinME regs. seem to be popping up in the WinXP NGs lately ;-)

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

<lol> You're just a baby then <g>
Joan

David H. Lipman wrote:

> Next month -- I'll hit 44. Oh Boy !!

<lol> So I've noticed <g>
Joan

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com>
>
>| <lol> You tell em girl <g> don't know whether you've noticed but
>| there seems to be quite a few of the XP regulars creeping in here
>| just lately. Joan
>|

> And some of the WinME regs. seem to be popping up in the WinXP NGs
> lately ;-)

Shane

What can you do with people like that, Figgs! Bleedin' curtain twitchers. I
tell yer, with people like that in the world it's all I can do to stay out
of prison.

'Old guy'! I suppose I asked for that. Must be nearly time for a new Trill!

Shane