[SOLVED] add a printer for a wireless connection

ModKiller

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2013
For the life of me!!!!!

Printer... Epson WF-2750 Series
MB... Maximus V Extreme (Both Ethernet and WiFI connected)

Thanks for looking.
I am “trying” to add a printer for a wireless connection. I can see the printer via the Router admin, but Not with the computer Device manager. Every print job fails.

I have installed the driver package a number of times with no change. When it searches for the printer, it fails, but it IS in the Router.

There must be something I am missing, Half the planet can have a printer in another room, surely I can have one on the other side of one. :)

Suggestions.
Thanks again for your time.

Solution
since it's already signed in with the router it is more than likely an issue with Windows.
sometimes restarting the Print Spooler process can enable re-detection of lost printers.

also you can try removing all related software & drivers,
cleaning up the registry with CCleaner or something similar,
restarting and reinstalling the latest software from Epson.

was the printer ever working in the past with this same setup?

Blackink

Distinguished
I had a problem with a friends Epson printer getting hooked up to the wireless.
If I remember correctly, I had to go into the printers settings and put in the wireless network name and password.
Read through the owner's manual and you should find something similar to what I just mentioned.

I just took a peak at the owner's manual for that printer.
Take a look at where it says "Selecting Wireless Network Settings From the Control Panel"
These are the steps I took to get the printer working with the laptop via wireless.

Reactions: ModKiller
since it's already signed in with the router it is more than likely an issue with Windows.
sometimes restarting the Print Spooler process can enable re-detection of lost printers.

also you can try removing all related software & drivers,
cleaning up the registry with CCleaner or something similar,
restarting and reinstalling the latest software from Epson.

was the printer ever working in the past with this same setup?

Reactions: ModKiller
Solution

ModKiller

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2013
"sometimes restarting the Print Spooler process can enable re-detection of lost printers."

Took longer to google how to do that than it did to find the printer once completed.

Thanks to Both of you for your help here. The printer is now connected and tested.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost