[SOLVED] Add GPU onboard to a laptop

Solution
Can i add GPU onboard to a laptop with only CPU (integrated GPU) ?

99.9% of the time, the answer is no. To know if you have the 0.1%, you'd have to provide better details.

The best bet would be a laptop that was high-end enough to use an MXM slot, but it was the lowest laptop in that high-end line and did not come with a discrete GPU.

Some random budget laptop, the answer will be bordering on 100% no and the only reason I'm not saying 100% is that I'm never that certain on anything and there can always be some obscure, odd exception.
Some laptops were manfactured to accept additional cards for wifi, video, etc....
Check your manfacturers web site for your specific device.
If you still require assistance, provide the model # of your laptop with so many different models and manufacturers we can only guess.

DSzymborski

Titan
Can i add GPU onboard to a laptop with only CPU (integrated GPU) ?

99.9% of the time, the answer is no. To know if you have the 0.1%, you'd have to provide better details.

The best bet would be a laptop that was high-end enough to use an MXM slot, but it was the lowest laptop in that high-end line and did not come with a discrete GPU.

Some random budget laptop, the answer will be bordering on 100% no and the only reason I'm not saying 100% is that I'm never that certain on anything and there can always be some obscure, odd exception.

Solution