[SOLVED] Add Network disk and printer to wireless router/modem

GPags

Reputable
Feb 26, 2020
I am going to replace my Comcast router/modem combo. I want to be able to connect a usb drive and printer to the router so the are available on the wireless network. The Comcast unit does not allow this. I know I can do this wih a router with 2 usb ports. If I got a router/modem with one usb port, would plugging a usb hub into the router usb port allow me to make both the printer and disk available on the network by plugging them into the usb hub ports? Would both devices be available so that I could print a file that was on the network disk or would I oinly be able to access the printer or the disk but not both at the same time?

Solution
I am going to replace my Comcast router/modem combo. I want to be able to connect a usb drive and printer to the router so the are available on the wireless network. The Comcast unit does not allow this. I know I can do this wih a router with 2 usb ports. If I got a router/modem with one usb port, would plugging a usb hub into the router usb port allow me to make both the printer and disk available on the network by plugging them into the usb hub ports? Would both devices be available so that I could print a file that was on the network disk or would I oinly be able to access the printer or the disk but not both at the same time?
A definite answer is not possible. The firmware from each manufacturer is different...

kanewolf

Titan
A definite answer is not possible. The firmware from each manufacturer is different. Some may support a USB hub, some may not.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS