Add printer with GPO

Dear all,

Can we add printer on Workstation automatic using GPO?

Thanks,
Cahya

Andy

If you have a domain try this:
1. create an ou
2. put workstations into ou
3. create a gpo linked to the ou
4. in the gpo "computer section"Admin
templates,system,group policy enable-
user group policy loopback proccecing mode (merge)
5. get the program called con2prt.exe (search google) and
put this in a folder on your server (netlogon etc)
6. create a batch file (in netlogon)
called "whatever.bat" in this write something like this-

@echo off
\\servername\netlogon\con2prt /f
\\servername\netlogon\con2prt /c
\\printserver\printer
\\servername\netlogon\con2prt /cd
\\printserver\printer

7. in the gpo "user settings" windows settings, scripts,
logon script point to the "whatever.bat" file

users that log onto the worstations in the ou you created
above will have all printers deleted and the ones
you specify in the script mapped./f is delete /c is
create /cd is create as default.

It works for me, i am network manager at a school and
needed a solution for the mapping of students to printers
depending on the room they were in.

it took a while to get this together but its here for
anybody now.

Andy