Add/remove problem

my new laptop can preinstalled with norman anti virus on it. I didnt want
this so tried removing it however add/remove wont do this. I have now
deleted all the files i can find although it still shows up in add/remove.
Anyone know how to get rid of it for good

many thanks

kevin Barnes

Jim

"Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> my new laptop can preinstalled with norman anti virus on it. I didnt want
> this so tried removing it however add/remove wont do this. I have now
> deleted all the files i can find although it still shows up in add/remove.
> Anyone know how to get rid of it for good
>
> many thanks
>
> kevin Barnes

Several people have posted that you should use Symantic's special removal
tool.
Jim

where can i get that is it free?
"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> my new laptop can preinstalled with norman anti virus on it. I didnt want
>> this so tried removing it however add/remove wont do this. I have now
>> deleted all the files i can find although it still shows up in
>> add/remove.
>> Anyone know how to get rid of it for good
>>
>> many thanks
>>
>> kevin Barnes
>>

> Several people have posted that you should use Symantic's special removal
> tool.
> Jim

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/linked_files/tsgen/SymNRT..exe

More help from Symantec

http://tinyurl.com/9rkh7

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:OoU2rXxrFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> where can i get that is it free?
> "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> my new laptop can preinstalled with norman anti virus on it. I didnt want
>>> this so tried removing it however add/remove wont do this. I have now
>>> deleted all the files i can find although it still shows up in
>>> add/remove.
>>> Anyone know how to get rid of it for good
>>>
>>> many thanks
>>>
>>> kevin Barnes
>>>

>> Several people have posted that you should use Symantic's special removal
>> tool.
>> Jim

my virus software is norman will it work on that as well? will it affect
mcaffee software?

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> where can i get that is it free?
> "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> my new laptop can preinstalled with norman anti virus on it. I didnt
>>> want
>>> this so tried removing it however add/remove wont do this. I have now
>>> deleted all the files i can find although it still shows up in
>>> add/remove.
>>> Anyone know how to get rid of it for good
>>>
>>> many thanks
>>>
>>> kevin Barnes
>>>

>> Several people have posted that you should use Symantic's special removal
>> tool.
>> Jim

Are you sure its Norman and not Norton? Norton is made by Symantec. You don't provide a version number, so its hard to tell if this specific removal tool is what you need.

"Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:uCIVW6xrFHA.3096@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> my virus software is norman will it work on that as well? will it affect
> mcaffee software?
>
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/linked_files/tsgen/SymNRT..exe
>
> More help from Symantec
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9rkh7
>
> --
> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
> Display\Security
> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> where can i get that is it free?
>> "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>>> Several people have posted that you should use Symantic's special removal
>>> tool.
>>> Jim

Jim

Are you sure its Norman and not Norton? Norton is made by Symantec. You
don't provide a version number, so its hard to tell if this specific removal
tool is what you need.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> my virus software is norman will it work on that as well? will it affect
> mcaffee software?
Either McAfee or Norton but not both.
Jim

> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/linked_files/tsgen/SymNRT.exe
>
> More help from Symantec
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9rkh7
>
> --
> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
> Display\Security
> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> where can i get that is it free?
>> "Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kevin Barnes" <k.barnes@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>>> Several people have posted that you should use Symantic's special
>>> removal
>>> tool.

Jim wrote:

> > my new laptop can preinstalled with norman anti virus on it. I didnt want
> > this so tried removing it however add/remove wont do this. I have now
> > deleted all the files i can find although it still shows up in add/remove.
> > Anyone know how to get rid of it for good
> >
> Several people have posted that you should use Symantic's special removal
> tool.

Which was incorrect advice. Symantec tools only address their products.
They do NOT address other anti-virus makers such as Normans.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Did you try the FAQ or Support at Norman?
http://www.norman.com/en

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems