[SOLVED] Add SSD - Lenovo ThinkStation Small Form Factor P300 30AK

Mar 24, 2019
Hi,

I’d like to install a 7mm SSD in a P300 30AK ThinkStation (Small form factor) that currently has an HDD and an optical drive.

Can an SSD be installed alongside the HDD, or will there be too little space? If necessary, I can remove the HDD, but I’m so wondering if I’ll need a special bracket or some kind of caddy for the toolless design. In that case, would a regular 3.5” to 2.5” adapter work?

I’d rather not remove the disc drive.

Solution
It probably wont fit if squeezed in on top of the hard drive, not that you should put it there either as that would prolly cover up the hdd breathe hole or so. A normal steel 2.5 to 3.5 adapter should be fine as the tool-less bracket can be popped off by pulling the purple rails outwards from the hard drive and attached to the adapter in a similar fashion.

Personally, unless I'm putting the system up for sale, I'd just go for a small amount of velcro or double sided tape under the hard drive cage or on the case bottom, and keep both drives. :LOL:
It probably wont fit if squeezed in on top of the hard drive, not that you should put it there either as that would prolly cover up the hdd breathe hole or so. A normal steel 2.5 to 3.5 adapter should be fine as the tool-less bracket can be popped off by pulling the purple rails outwards from the hard drive and attached to the adapter in a similar fashion.

Personally, unless I'm putting the system up for sale, I'd just go for a small amount of velcro or double sided tape under the hard drive cage or on the case bottom, and keep both drives. :LOL:

Solution