Add the option to change to the old design / Where are my forum posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTee3

Reputable
May 9, 2017
I lost multiple threads and can't see them on my profile, and even going into the emails which I got replied to say it doesn't exist, and this is for like 3 forum threads which is odd.

1. Can we have the option to have the old design?
  2. Where are my forum posts...? (first sentence)
  3. Option to sort by threads and posts separately. Instead of just "postings"
edit 4) When you make a thread now, the info bar to fill in the title and body of the post just disappear when you press post/submit, shouldn't it take you to the new post? Wasn't sure if this even posted.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
open the side bar on the left and drop down the forum menu, then select the option "threads with your posts" and you should see the threads you are looking for.

And if they were to add an "option" for the old style, it would have to be in the way of a theme.
They didn't just change how the site looks, they completely replaced the code and the backend of everything with different software so unfortunately this is how the site is made to be from now on. There's no "going back".

Things aren't just "gone".
They moved into slightly different locations.
If you were to read the thread they made explaining the changes and how to use the new site, you might not have such a hard time.
I read it, and now that I understand how it works, I actually like the new design better. It's less buggy, faster at loading, and more streamlined and especially better on mobile.

Here's the thread for you.

D

Deleted member 217926

Can we have the option to have the old design?

Nope. The old software was proprietary and a broken mess. We've moved to Xenforo. There may be some new themes coming soon though.

Where are my forum posts...? (first sentence)

The forum is still moving and indexing million if not tens of millions of threads and posts. It may take a day or two to catch up. You won't lose anything though.

Option to sort by threads and posts separately. Instead of just "postings"

Actually not sure about this one. I haven't played with the search function very much yet. Same with new threads.

My forum posts are listed in no particular order, and have no header for sorting by different methods.

Adding to that the layout change to a terrible look, and the fact that there was zero warning of the change, I'll not be coming back any time soon.

I could list the dozen or so issues that this layout has that the old one did not, but it will fall on deaf ears. It did in the past, and the fait accompli method of changing things always does. Not going to waste my brain cells on people with such an attitude.

Reactions: JayTee3
My forum posts are listed in no particular order, and have no header for sorting by different methods.

Adding to that the layout change to a terrible look, and the fact that there was zero warning of the change, I'll not be coming back any time soon.

I could list the dozen or so issues that this layout has that the old one did not, but it will fall on deaf ears. It did in the past, and the fait accompli method of changing things always does. Not going to waste my brain cells on people with such an attitude.
There was a news article on it about 2 weeks ago, as well as a preliminary move of TG last week, which also had news coverage.
The official feedback thread already has multiple addresses by toms staff on issues/ suggestions.
If you feel the need to leave over a long planned, and desperately needed improvement, thats a shame. Or you could stick around and help us work though any of these issues.

JayTee3

Reputable
May 9, 2017
There was a news article on it about 2 weeks ago, as well as a preliminary move of TG last week, which also had news coverage.
The official feedback thread already has multiple addresses by toms staff on issues/ suggestions.
If you feel the need to leave over a long planned, and desperately needed improvement, thats a shame. Or you could stick around and help us work though any of these issues.
Nope. The old software was proprietary and a broken mess. We've moved to Xenforo. There may be some new themes coming soon though.

The forum is still moving and indexing million if not tens of millions of threads and posts. It may take a day or two to catch up. You won't lose anything though.

Actually not sure about this one. I haven't played with the search function very much yet. Same with new threads.

Found another issue, when you post a link e.g. http://google.com

It makes a :/ face emoji sometimes, doesn't look like it happened with my example though.. odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.