[SOLVED] Add widgets to Fire HD 10 with Nova Launcher

Oct 20, 2018
Hi! I just got my new Fire HD 10 from Amazon, with hopes to make it more like stock android. I have everything done, except for one thing: widgets. Widgets are a feature of android that I love, however since the default Fire launcher doesn't have widget capability, the little box that comes up when you try to add a widget doesn't come up. I have read nearly all of the tutorials on how to add widgets with things like ADB, but my computer doesn't recognize the tablet and the drivers don't work. If someone could please give me a step by step guide on how to get the widgets on (preferably without ADB), I would really be happy. Also, please dumb it down for me, I'm a big noob at Android.

Solution
Why not use Google now launcher if you are thinking to make it stock android.

I don't know how you can enable widgets in amazon tab but if that is important to you, why would you even buy something that doesn't support it.

If you are having problems connecting it to your PC, make sure usb debugging is enabled.

Only then driver can be installed and you can see/ modify your files using PC.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Why not use Google now launcher if you are thinking to make it stock android.

I don't know how you can enable widgets in amazon tab but if that is important to you, why would you even buy something that doesn't support it.

If you are having problems connecting it to your PC, make sure usb debugging is enabled.

Only then driver can be installed and you can see/ modify your files using PC.

Solution