[SOLVED] Added 1600mhz ram but task manager shows 333mhz please help!!!

jimhoxh1

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
Hello guys yesterday i bought used rams of 2x4gb 1600mhz,the ram is the "sk hynix HMT351USCFR8C-PB NO AA" i bought two of them.I find out that the task manager is showing only 333mhz but the programmes that show the specs like (cpuz,speccy) are showing 807.5mhz.The programmes are showing the right values but task manager not.
THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO FIX THAT BUT DIDNT WORK:
1. I formated my pc
2.i added the ram sticks one at a time
3.i changed the bios setting that says memory speed from auto to 1600

plus i find out that when the ram frequency in bios is set to 1600 the task manager shows 333mhz,when i lower the frequency from the bios the frequency that task manager shows increses e.x when i changed bios from 1600 to 1333 the task manager was showing ¬500mhz from 333mhz

(IM ASKING THIS QUESTION BECAUSE MY PC PERFORMANCE IS DECREASED IN GAMING,AND I FORGOT TO SAY THAT I HAD BEFORE THE UPGRADE 2 STICKS OF 2GB RAM(TOTAL 4GB of samsung M378B5773CH0-CH9) BUT NOW I HAVE 8GB RAM)

PC SPECS (i have an old system):

CPU:AMD fx 4300 3.8ghz
RAM: 8GB
MOTHERBOARD:asrock N68C-GS FX
GPU:GTX 1050

BIOS:10/31/2012(american version)

Last edited:
Solution
OK.

It seems that Task Manager is mis-reading the memory settings in BIOS. This is now likely due to (unintended?) limitations of Task Manager.

Software such as CPU-Z, Speccy, HWinfo, Aida etc have been specially designed to read memory SPD and BIOS data correctly. Task Manager is not (apparently) "tuned" or programmed correctly to enable reading memory data.

Solution? Try updating the operating system. Otherwise use HWinfo, Speccy etc instead to provide accurate memory data.
BIOS update to version 1.40?

The SK Hynix memory appears to be system compatible.

Are the Hynix 4 GB modules from the same dual channel kit? Or, are they separate modules?

First, update BIOS to latest version, if necessary.

If TM still mis-reading the Hynix modules, try -

Increasing DRAM Voltage in BIOS a bit.

jimhoxh1

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
BIOS update to version 1.40?

The SK Hynix memory appears to be system compatible.

Are the Hynix 4 GB modules from the same dual channel kit? Or, are they separate modules?

First, update BIOS to latest version, if necessary.

If TM still mis-reading the Hynix modules, try -

Increasing DRAM Voltage in BIOS a bit.

The bios version is 1.40
The sk hynix memory is sytem compatible(the mother board can get max 8gb 1600 mhz ram)
Both ram sticks have the same specs but only the color is different(one is blue and the other one is cyan)
The newest bios is some weeks newer than my current bios
I tried to change the voltages but task manager shows the same

I TRIED YESTERDAY TO ADD THE SAME RAM THAT I HAD BEFORE (2X2GB SAMSUNG 1333MHZ)BUT THE TASK MANAGER SHOWS AGAIN 333MHZ

OK.

It seems that Task Manager is mis-reading the memory settings in BIOS. This is now likely due to (unintended?) limitations of Task Manager.

Software such as CPU-Z, Speccy, HWinfo, Aida etc have been specially designed to read memory SPD and BIOS data correctly. Task Manager is not (apparently) "tuned" or programmed correctly to enable reading memory data.

Solution? Try updating the operating system. Otherwise use HWinfo, Speccy etc instead to provide accurate memory data.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS