Question Added a new memory stick, now PC windows 10 doesn't boot

Jul 31, 2019
Hi all, I bought a new memory stick after making sure it was exactly the same as the one I already have. They're both Corsaire LPX vengeance DDR4 8G 2400MHz; mobo is a MSI Tomahawk B350. But when I put the new RAM in the DMMB2 ( first one is in the DMMA2 ofc ) and boot the PC, it doesnt enter windows and freezes when the "press DEL to enter setup" screen appears. I tried to boot with only the new one only and it worked. I then tried to boot with only the old one and it worked. My suspect is this: I bought the old memory stick when I built this PC around two years ago, so maybe they changed something on the memory during this time ? Or am I doing something wrong ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Jul 31, 2019
Try updating your bios. How much ram slots do you have ? In which slots have you put them on ?
My motherboard has four slots. The first memory stick is in the DMMA2 (second slot from CPU) and the second memory was in DMMB2 (the farthest from the CPU). This is how my mobo's manual told me to put them.