Question Added An Extra Intake Case Fan But CPU Temperature Went Up Instead !

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
is Speccy reliable ?

after added 1 more intake case fan (4-pin fan connected to motherboard) to top panel and blowing downwards at motherboard...........checked Speccy and CPU temperatures actually went up by 2 degrees to 39 degrees with spikes up to 50 degrees

Speccy also indicated all 4 CPU cores being more ''active'' than normal = previously, only Core 0 seems to be active with the other 3 being ''comatose''

could it be the other 3 cores of the CPU are working harder adjusting the fan speed and thus, temperatures are higher ?

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
What is the entire fan configuration and case? In most normal situations, using a top intake will just create a weird airflow situation because it'll fight with other fans.

the case was a nightmare (i bought it out of no choice - don't even want to talk about it)..........it's a Tecware Nexus M2

i'm using a Scythe Kaze Flex 120mm (slim) as intake fan for the top panel since a normal one won't fit........i've another unused fan (same Scythe model but normal thickness) which i will use as exhaust later

the front panel will mostly break if i try to pull it off so i had to use the top panel for the intake............there's an exhaust fan at the back panel...............half of the CPU fan is under the intake fan.............the (super lousy) stock exhaust fan is about 5cm away from the CPU fan............