[SOLVED] Added new 2x4gb ram, windows 10 throws recovery mode

dudeformspace

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
Hi, so I add new ram and windows wont boot, i try only add new ram and it worked, old one works too, but when i add them together windows shows couple errors. I cant even get to safe mode.
  • so old ram - Patriot, signature line, ddr4, 8 gb,2666mhz, cl 19, kit of 2;
  • new ram - Patriot, signature premium, ddr4, 8 gb 2666mhz,cl19 kit of 2;
  • motherboard - asrock ab350m pro4
(im on my budget build, im poor)
about errors that i got at first time - windows/system32/drivers/evdba.sys (0xc0000221)
second time , when i added new ram in old ram place and old in new - 0xc0000428(the digital signature for this file couldn't be verified) and last time where i did same thing as second error, i get new error -windows/system32/winload.efi (0xc0000098).
for me interesting thing is that bios finds and recognize all rams
Can somebody understand what this is and how can i fix it?

Solution
Buying ram at different times and mixing them, even if they are from the same company is asking for trouble. Manufacturing processes at different times can be different and voltages even at miniscule amounts can cause problems. So it makes sense that the ram that were in the computer work together, and the new ram work together, but the old and new ram don't work together. It is always best to sell the old ram and then buy all new ram together in the same package.
Buying ram at different times and mixing them, even if they are from the same company is asking for trouble. Manufacturing processes at different times can be different and voltages even at miniscule amounts can cause problems. So it makes sense that the ram that were in the computer work together, and the new ram work together, but the old and new ram don't work together. It is always best to sell the old ram and then buy all new ram together in the same package.

Reactions: dudeformspace
Solution

dudeformspace

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
before buying this, nobody told me there will be problem with this, most of guys told me, that important is to be same mHz, but its ok, thank you

dudeformspace

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
even buying/mixing two each 'pair of modules' of the same type is a 'hit and miss' risk...(a miss is more likely)

that is why there are 2x 8 GB kits, and 4 x 8 GB kits...; odds of a pair of 2x 8 GB kits working fine together are much slimmer...

But why is that? I mean it have same properties, it came from same manufacture. What can be a problem to not corporate between rams?