[SOLVED] added new ryzen 3 1200 into my system , no post on monitor or keyboard/mouse

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 6, 2021
so i upgraded my old pre built pc by adding a new gpu , mobo , psu , ram and cpu. all the other stuff works fine with my old cpu but i bent a couple pins on that . now when i add my new ryzen 3 1200 no post what so ever though all fans turn on. i’ve tried clearing cmos , my msi a320m a pro is up to date at the latest version and all cables are connected properly, reseated ram , re seated the cpu and nothing at all . cpu has proper contact with the cpu cooler.

psu - thermal take litepower 450 w
cpu- ryzen 3 1200
gpu- gtx 1060 6gb
ram - 2x8gb corsair vengeance 2400mhz
mobo - msi a320m a pro at latest bios update

Last edited:
Solution
well i my old mobo was a gigabyte a320 s2h upgraded to an msi a320m a pro , i used to use the a89600 intergrated graphics until i got the gtx 1060 , psu is a thermal take litepower 450w

So, then you didn't upgrade the PSU, then? The PSU's very poor quality, but that's more of a mid and long-term problem then a right-now problem.

Do you still have the old motherboard? Not sure why you upgraded from one entry-level A320 motherboard to another, but at least it gives you an opportunity to test parts. Set up the old parts outside a case and try the Ryzen 3 1200 in it.
Jul 6, 2021
o
Don't need more wattage, 450 is fine.

You need something of much higher quality. Thermaltake lightpower units are of very very low quality and likely would not last as long as a quality unit.

What is your budget for a replacement.
n amazon there’s an aerocool intergrator 500w bronze on sale for £15, would this be a viable option?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
the 500w w1 80+ white

You're trying to cheap out with the most important part of the PSU after suffering issues at least partly because of cheaping out with the most important part of the PSU.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $59.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-07 04:40 EDT-0400

It's cheaper to buy a decent budget PSU one time than junk PSUs two or three times.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

TRENDING THREADS