Question added new ssd now my perf ingame are worst

Mar 14, 2019
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I'm not fluent in english but i've heard this is the best place to be if I have a problem with my PC. I built it about last year and I had an issue since then sometimes when I try to boot I have the error message : "A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" . So I never really solved the problem even if tried some solution found on forums and websites they did'nt work but that was fine because I juste had to restart 3-4 times before it finally boot. Now here we are with a new ssd I added (I had an hdd) because I wanted to start my PC faster and reduce the loading time for some games (total war). First I tried to clone but It didn't work so I reinstalled windows on the ssd and tried to boot windows with it. After many attempts and more :"A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". I finally did it and could delete the previous windows on my hdd but now I have the message 6-7 times before it boot and I have a bigger problem now every game I try to launch from my ssd has visually lower graphics and can't stand at 30 fps. I went to userbenchmark and here is the results whom seems to really concern me:
UserBenchmarks: Game 29%, Desk 26%, Work 19%
CPU: AMD FX-8350 - 21.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-3GB - 57.2%
SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB - 51%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 85.4%
RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 C9 2x4GB - 24.2%
MBD: Asrock 990FX Killer

I feel like the motherboard is defective. Please help me !

Mar 14, 2019
First take out the old drive with the errors. Did you install all the drivers for your motherboard and video card? From the vendor sites not some 3rd party utility?
I don't know if I am clear enough but both drive get the error it's a problem I never could solve, should I take out the HDD ? Do you need more details about my components ? I checked twice the drivers they are all updated . What do you mean some 3rd party utility ?
Thanks for the aswer.

I don't know if I am clear enough but both drive get the error it's a problem I never could solve, should I take out the HDD ? Do you need more details about my components ? I checked twice the drivers they are all updated . What do you mean some 3rd party utility ?
Thanks for the aswer.

Yes try the system without the secondary drive. If you still get a disk read error, try another SATA cable.
3rd party utility are those driver utilities not from the specific hardware vendor that search for drivers for you and install them. A lot of times they can mess things up.

Mar 14, 2019
Ok so I had already tried different cables it didn't work. I tried to boot with the secondary drive unplugged it did nothing then I went to the motherboard website and installed all the drivers from it then restart my computer but it did'nt want to boot at all after 15 trials with my famous disk read error BUT I went to the UEFI changed nothing save and exit and now I don't have the disk read error problem no more thanks . It was the 3rd party utility I guess.. but I have still my biggest problem which is the low graphics performance.