Question Added ram now gpu isn’t turning on

Jun 26, 2021
I recently bought two more 8gb ram sticks for my pc, in order to put them in I had to remove my cpu cooler and then put it back after the ram was in. After replacing the cooler fan I tried to turn on my pc and everything seemed to turn on fine except my gpu, it seems as if it’s getting no power at all. My monitor doesn’t have a display.

Jun 26, 2021
I would try reseating the gpu. If that doesn’t work the rake the new RAM out again. There is a reasonable chance that this is because you are mixing RAM from different kits, this is not guaranteed to work.
I’ve done both of those things, and the ram are all the same kind,

I’ve done both of those things, and the ram are all the same kind,
So when you take the new RAM out the system doesn’t work? If yes then try reseating all plugs and check the monitor is plugged into the gpu and not the motherboard.

Also it doesn’t matter even if the RAM is the exact same make and model, mixing kits is not guaranteed to work. The odd man out section here covers it https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

Jun 26, 2021
So when you take the new RAM out the system doesn’t work? If yes then try reseating all plugs and check the monitor is plugged into the gpu and not the motherboard.

Also it doesn’t matter even if the RAM is the exact same make and model, mixing kits is not guaranteed to work. The odd man out section here covers it https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/
No it doesn’t work, I took out the new ones immediately after and it didn’t work, like I said I had to take the cpu fan off and when I did that I cleaned and reapplied thermal paste and put the fan back on with the original two ram sticks and the same thing happens, all my fans and the cpu fan turn on but not the gpu.

No it doesn’t work, I took out the new ones immediately after and it didn’t work, like I said I had to take the cpu fan off and when I did that I cleaned and reapplied thermal paste and put the fan back on with the original two ram sticks and the same thing happens, all my fans and the cpu fan turn on but not the gpu.
Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging in everything? It’s not uncommon when working within a pc to knock a cable loose.

Jun 26, 2021
Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging in everything? It’s not uncommon when working within a pc to knock a cable loose.
I tried that, I’m not entirely sure if I put everything in right but it all turns on so I’m assuming i did okay, everything but the gpu that is