Question Added waterblock, now PC won't stay on ?

mrttzr18

Reputable
Mar 16, 2018
So, I just added a waterblock to my pre-existing loop, but ever since my display goes out after about 10-15 seconds after startup. The display cuts regardless of me booting to BIOS or to windows....
I can only assume this is a problem with my GPU, but I don't want to flush the whole system and remove it entirely just to re-test the graphics card without checking for another opinion...
My GPU is a Evga rtx 3070 Ti with the EKWB waterblock.
Also, I do want to add however, when I installed the waterblock, something was holding a corner back a bit, I'm guessing it may have been the pre-cut thermal paste squares that were included with the waterblock... Maybe too thick on one side? If this could be the issue, i'll explore that route. I included a picture of what I'm talking about.
Opinions?
(notice the curvature on the left side of the graphics card, nearest the mount bracket)

Lutfij

Titan
To me it looks like your mount isn't flush with one of the heatsoruces on the card, meaning that it's likely shutting down due to a thermal issue. You will need to disassemble the card from the system and inspect it though...regardless of what we say you should do since watercooling support is something we can advise but you're going to have to tear down.

Lastly, is the waterblock compatible with your GPU? Perhaps share the SKU to your card as well as a link to the block you're using?

Reactions: mrttzr18