[SOLVED] Adding 16Gb on top of 8Gb

Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
I know this will sound very weird but please bear with me.

Here's the thing I currently have two DDR4 4Gb "sticks" of RAM at 2133Mhz, and I've been thinking in buying other two DDR4 CL15 8Gb "sticks" at the same speed, will they (not from the same manufacturer) run nicely with each other provided the configuration is the same?

What can I do to make them run nicely if they won't work together or do they set automatically to the weakest link configuration?
(yes I really have to do it this way sorry)

Part numbers and manufacturers for reference:

Samsung M378A5143EB1-CPB
G.Skill F4-2133C15D-16GNT

Thanks in advance all!

USAFRet

Titan
As asked here a dozen times a day...

Will it work? That is a 100% maybe. Mixing RAM is never guaranteed.
it might work, it might fail. There is no magic to just 'make it work'.

Buy from somewhere with a really good return policy, so you can send it back if it fails.

USAFRet

Titan
Doesn't answer my question though what i really wanted to know is if they work the system will automatically set the configuration to the weakest link.

Kinda like Crossfire does with VRAM
"will they (not from the same manufacturer) run nicely with each other provided the configuration is the same "
That was the question, right?

Will it work?

That is a 100% maybe.

Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
"will they (not from the same manufacturer) run nicely with each other provided the configuration is the same "
That was the question, right?

Will it work?

That is a 100% maybe.

That's one but I can figure that out on my own

What I wanted to actually know was:

"What can I do to make them run nicely if they won't work together or do they set automatically to the weakest link configuration? " more specifically "do they set automatically to the weakest link configuration?"