[SOLVED] Adding 2 pin fan (non professional) to five pin fan hub

Aug 1, 2018
I want to add a fan which is old and only has 2 pin to a fan hub that's I am using and that fan hub is five pin.So which two pins should I connect for the fan to work?

Solution
BUY A NEW FAN. Seriously you can buy cheap 3 or 4 pin fans for nothing, also modern computer fans are way better today. With 2 pin it will run at max speed all the time.

If you really want to use it I believe you will need a converter for either 3 pin or molex. So again it might just be better to buy a new fan.
BUY A NEW FAN. Seriously you can buy cheap 3 or 4 pin fans for nothing, also modern computer fans are way better today. With 2 pin it will run at max speed all the time.

If you really want to use it I believe you will need a converter for either 3 pin or molex. So again it might just be better to buy a new fan.

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
An important part of this (really, the key question by OP) is: what is the pinout of the existing 5-pin fan Hub? Adding ANY fan to may require some custom changes. A FIVE-pin Hub is not common! So, OP, are there any markings on this Hub to identify it? Or, if it was part of a complete computer system, maybe tell us the maker and exact model number of the system.