Question Adding 2nd Card - AMD Radeon RX 580

fishindamarket

Reputable
Feb 24, 2021
I'm new to this and haven't done anything besides add memory to my computer so wanted to know - is it possible to add a 2nd graphics card?
MY GPU now is Radeon RX 580.
My motherboard is Microstar MS-7B48

I'm a day trader and my platform - thinkorswim - is having issues running with 4x - 4k monitors so want to add another graphics card.

I was looking at another Radeon RX 580 - but is there a cheaper option that will also work?

Is it a difficult process and are there any other parts i will need to buy on top of the 2nd graphics card?

thanks for any help!

Jogibearson

Prominent
Dec 28, 2019
SLI or for AMD Crossfire is extremely outdated and not recommended in any form. Wouldn't even think about it. Running 4k on a RX580 is the problem in itself. If you still insist on getting another Graphics card in your system you have to get the same model.

Reactions: Dj0gany
As said above SLI and Crossfire are a dead feature.
Most new games dont support it and they are literally uselles for gaming purposes, they can even lessen the FPS.
Finding a new (better) graphics card is another problem, well not exactly finding, but finding it at normal price.
The GPU market is crazy right now and i dont see it becoming normal anytime soon.
What are you playing with your RX 580 at 4K, that you are unsatisfied with its performance?

Reactions: Jogibearson

fishindamarket

Reputable
Feb 24, 2021
my ThinkorSwim app is lagging and they said it's because of the GPU running high maxing out.
That i have too many charts open and with 4x 4k monitors it's too much for the GPU.
Also, my graphics on one monitor are not as crisp as the other monitors and i'm assuming it's because i'm only running the 1 card?
It's not the cable causing the problem, and when i restarted my computer it happened to a different monitor than before which makes me think it's the GPU causing it as well.

my ThinkorSwim app is lagging and they said it's because of the GPU running high maxing out.
That i have too many charts open and with 4x 4k monitors it's too much for the GPU.
Also, my graphics on one monitor are not as crisp as the other monitors and i'm assuming it's because i'm only running the 1 card?
It's not the cable causing the problem, and when i restarted my computer it happened to a different monitor than before which makes me think it's the GPU causing it as well.
Have you tried watching some youtube videos on how to fix it, rather than thinking that hardware is the problem?
I am unfamilier with ThinkorSwim since i had never done trading,just trying to help you solve the problem the cheapest way.