Adding a 2nd hard disk to a P.C

Feb 22, 2018
I currently have a 500gb WD blue 16mb cache hard disk. Will adding a 2nd 500 Gb 64 mb cache hard disk for gaming improve my PC's performance ? No budget for SSD
My Specs:
Core 2 quad (q9300)
4gb ram ddr2 (dual channel)
Gt 730 (2gb ddr5)

Solution
Ideally you should make sure you have as less partition's on one drive as possible to offload duty on the aforementioned drive. If you do add a second HDD, provided you have an available SATA data port on your motherboard, then you should have it solely for your game library/game's installation directory.

Out of curiosity, how much are you spending on the HDD and where are you located? If the HDD is second hand, don't bother using it, only adds to more unreliability.

Lutfij

Titan
Ideally you should make sure you have as less partition's on one drive as possible to offload duty on the aforementioned drive. If you do add a second HDD, provided you have an available SATA data port on your motherboard, then you should have it solely for your game library/game's installation directory.

Out of curiosity, how much are you spending on the HDD and where are you located? If the HDD is second hand, don't bother using it, only adds to more unreliability.

Solution
Feb 22, 2018
I live in India bro. I am going to buy a brand new Hard Disk of higher cache than my previous one only for gaming purpose(spending Rs 1800i.e about 30$). You telling that I should use my 2nd new Hard Disk only for gaming i.e one complete partition , right ? I heard somewhere that using a higher cache hard disk reduces ram usage, is this true ? My Mobo don't support More that 4 gigs of ram, that's why I am asking.