[SOLVED] Adding a 2nd ssd to my asus zephyrus M gu502gu

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,
I am new to the forum. I was planning to add a 2nd ssd to the empty slot in my asus zephyrus gu 502 gu. It has M2 nvme raid 0 configuration (pcle) mentioned on the website. The initial storgae is 512 gb so I will go with another 500 gb ssd.
Can someone please suggest which ssd to buy. The synthetic benchmark according to a review are

sequential reads and writes coming in at 1813.2MBps and 970.5MBps respectively, and random reads and writes of 339.8MBps and 415.8MBps respectively.
Thankyou very much in advance.

Solution
  1. Forget RAID 0. Put it out of your mind completely.
  2. Which M.2 NVMe drive depends on your budget. At the low end, Intel 660p or Crucial P1. At the high end, Samsung 970 EVO. Ignore most things in between.
Jul 16, 2020
  1. Forget RAID 0. Put it out of your mind completely.
  2. Which M.2 NVMe drive depends on your budget. At the low end, Intel 660p or Crucial P1. At the high end, Samsung 970 EVO. Ignore most things in between.
Thankyou for the suggestion. Would there be significant benefits in gaming and stuff like music production if I opt for samsung 970 evo.

USAFRet

Titan
Thankyou for the suggestion. Would there be significant benefits in gaming and stuff like music production if I opt for samsung 970 evo.
No, not really.
Yes, the sequential benchmarks are faster. But in gaming, etc...you'll little if any difference.

I have several SATA III SSD's and an Intel 660p.
In my normal use case of photo editing (Lightroom and Paintshop Pro), I see basically zero difference. Even though the 660p benchmarks 3x the speed of the SATA III drives.