Question Adding a 4th display

mfd

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
WIN10 Home with NVIDIA 1080. I have 3 1080 TVs connected to the display ports. My main screens are from L to R position 2-1-3. 1 is the main of course. I need to connect a 5inch display to the HDMI port for a special application. When connected this 5inch display becomes screen 1. Can I assign the 5inch as screen 4? I need to keep the 3 main screens as currently assigned and in their current positions. Thanks for any tips or solutions.

Ralston18

Titan
More information is needed with respect to both the logical and physical layout of the TVs/screens.

Are you saying that the 5" monitor actually displays what is/was being shown on the original display "1"?

If I am following correctly, the assigned "number" (1) is a logical matter. Just use a longer cable(s) and put the 5" display where you physically need the display to be.

What GPUs and/or motherboard connections are you using to connect to the four displays?

A diagram will be helpful.

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
With the 4th monitor connected, set the re-numbered center display as your main display and rearrange them to where they're needed. When you're finished, the PC should remember these settings whenever you connect and disconnect the extra monitor, even if the number on the center is changed every time.

mfd

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
More information is needed with respect to both the logical and physical layout of the TVs/screens.

Are you saying that the 5" monitor actually displays what is/was being shown on the original display "1"?

If I am following correctly, the assigned "number" (1) is a logical matter. Just use a longer cable(s) and put the 5" display where you physically need the display to be.

What GPUs and/or motherboard connections are you using to connect to the four displays?

A diagram will be helpful.
Thanks for the reply. I'm relatively new to the forum and was hoping to insert a few pics that show exactly how my displays are connected to the Nvidia 1080 card. I'm using 3 display port outputs to drive my 3 screens. I connected the 5 inch screen to the HDMI port alongside the other 3 cables. Not using the motherboard video at all. With my standard 3 screen setup, Windows shows 2-1-3 with 1 being my main center screen. When I connect the HDMI cable my 5 inch becomes screen 1 and then I have 2-3-4. My flight simulator is expecting my Main to be #1 and the left screen needs to be 2 and right 3. The 5 inch will display a special gauge graphic.

My wish is to retain the original 2-1-3 assignment and add the 5 inch as #4. Yes the 5 inch now displays my desktop and the toolbar now moves to the 5 inch and is no longer visible on my main large screen.

1 is the 5 inch now, my original Main is now 2 and what was 2 is now 3 and what was 3 is now 4. I hope I wasn't too wordy here and thanks for any tips.