Adding A Console To My PC Setup

jcaspari21

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018
Hello,
I currently have a gaming pc and a single gaming monitor to play my games. I am considering buying a gaming console (Nintendo Switch, Xbox One S, PS4 Slim) to play with my friends. Is it possible to use both a console and pc on my same gaming monitor? If so what are my possible options?
Thanks In Advance.

Solution
Most monitor have button that let you select which input is to be displayed. Obviously you don't use it with only one thing connected to monitor. Also many monitors have auto-select option, so assuming you don't have both PC and console turned on at same time such monitor will detect itself which one is on and switch automatically.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Hi,
my son uses a 1440p-Monitor (G-Sync), connected to his PC (GTX 1070) via DisplayPort.
He connected his PS4 via HDMI to the same monitor, and the monitor scales up the PS4-resolution (FullHD) quite capable.
So as long as you Monitor has DisplayPort and HDMI, you are good to go.

jcaspari21

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018

What cables would I need to make this happen? and how would I switch between pc and console on the monitor?

Most monitor have button that let you select which input is to be displayed. Obviously you don't use it with only one thing connected to monitor. Also many monitors have auto-select option, so assuming you don't have both PC and console turned on at same time such monitor will detect itself which one is on and switch automatically.

Solution