Oct 3, 2020
Hi there,

I have a HP Pavilion 590-p0053na, with a ryzen 5 2400g (VEGA 11 grapics), 16gb (originally 8) of 2666mhz ram, an m.2 ssd and a hdd, all powered by a 180w psu that uses two 4 pin connectors to power the mobo and cpu. The motherboard is called a HP Sunflower.

My problem is, im not too sure where and how i'd be able to get a power supply with a higher wattage so I can insert a graphics card. The card in mind is something along the lines of a small form 1050ti.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Yeap, proprietary motherboard and PSU. You can't drop in a discrete GPU in there, not without gutting the board as well when trying to source an aftermarket PSU and dropping in a GPU. Simple answer, don't bother.

Lutfij

Titan

Yeap, proprietary motherboard and PSU. You can't drop in a discrete GPU in there, not without gutting the board as well when trying to source an aftermarket PSU and dropping in a GPU. Simple answer, don't bother.

Solution
Oct 3, 2020

What do you mean gutting the board?