Question Adding a new GPU but not SLI

Mar 23, 2019
hi guys....i just need to know how to add a new GPU .... I've built my pc 3 years ago..my cpu has only 28 PCI-E lanes .i recently received a new RTX-2070 Super FE and i dont know where to install it alonside with GTX-970 .the Last PCIE slot is occupied with a USB 3.1 2-Port Card and i have doubt about that if i ever used it or not???!!!!
here are my pc specifications

mottherboard : Asus X99-Deluxe 3.1
Cpu : i7-5820k @ 3.3 Ghz. but overclocked to 4.00 Ghz.
Ram :32GB ( 4x8 ) DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200 MHz. but its running it @2666 MHz
GPU: Asus Geforce GTX-970 4GDDR5 OC.
PSU : Green Platinium 1200 W+80
Monior : Samsung 27inch 2560 x1440
here are the list of softwares that i use :

Autodesk 3ds max 2019
Autodesk Autocad 2019
Sketchup Pro 2019
Lumion pro 9
Adobe photoshop cc 2019
For rendering V-ray Next and corona render

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I would advise that you stick with the single most powerful GPU your wallet can afford you. I can't seem to find the PSU you've listed, is it possible for you to pass on a link to it? Seeing how you might be a Architectural design firm, I wouldn't go with multi GPU setups. On another note, why are you looking at gaming graphics cards?

Reactions: r.h._design
Mar 23, 2019
I would advise that you stick with the single most powerful GPU your wallet can afford you. I can't seem to find the PSU you've listed, is it possible for you to pass on a link to it? Seeing how you might be a Architectural design firm, I wouldn't go with multi GPU setups. On another note, why are you looking at gaming graphics cards?

simply because most of the cards that i can afford is gaming ..and i dont wanna spend thousands of dollars on gpu..

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019
hi
Finally i received my new RTX 2070 Super Founder edition from Nvidia ,please tell me which Pcie slot should it install? i guessrtx 2070 S Pcie no.1 and gtx 970 Pcie no.4 but i can see a usb 3.1 3 -port card in the last slot ,i doubt that i ve ever used it!! can i remove it from there?