Adding a separate network to clients network

David_439

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Hi
We have 3 devices on our clients network with ip addresses such as 192.168.1.1 and a subnet of 255.255.0.0.

I want to install a 4G router/modem so we can access our devices remotely.

Is there a way I can install the router to allow access to our devices without interfering with our clients network. I'm not sure what settings yo to use to achieve this or if it is possible.

Thanks for your help

David

Solution
you need to configure the 4g router to not give out DHCP addresses, this wont affect the current setup, then you can setup port forwarding from the 4g router to allow remote access to what you need. but you need to be sure that the router either has DDNS (dynamic dns) unless your cell provider will give you a static IP address

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
you need to configure the 4g router to not give out DHCP addresses, this wont affect the current setup, then you can setup port forwarding from the 4g router to allow remote access to what you need. but you need to be sure that the router either has DDNS (dynamic dns) unless your cell provider will give you a static IP address

Solution

David_439

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Thanks very much for your reply, I have a sim with a fixed IP so that should be fine hopefully.

Will there be a setting in the router somewhere to not give out dhcp addresses?

I have just looked at the manual but not sure what to change

Proroute H685 3G and 4G Router User Guide - 3G / 4G Router Store
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.3grouterstore.co.uk/3G/Proroute-H685-3G-and-4G-Router-User-Guide.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwinpID_n_XOAhXHExoKHYisBJ0QFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNFz3XkvNAsmDn7YUYX7rpSUMOIWww&sig2=7kBSuM0cUY9mgjcK_4tJWw

Cheers, much appreciated

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
click on internet settings, LAN, it will have an IP address, it needs to be the same as your existing network, but not an address that is already in use, so if your existing network router has 192.168.1.1, use 192.168.1.2... or keep counting up until you find a free address, if you google how to ping, you can test each address to make sure that there is nothing using it.
lan2 leave disabled, dhcp type change to disabled, or whatever option is close to that one.

then you should be good to go