Question Adding an SSD to an existing HDD system

Aug 2, 2019
Hi guys!,
I have a laptop with a HDD drive which I have been using for some time. I have windows and all files/programmes intalled on the HDD. Lately I've been working on some graphic desing using Photosop/Ilustrator/InDesging and the laptop was struggling a bit. I cannot add any more ram, so the only thing that i could upgrade is to add an SSD ( since I have a spare .m2 slot). After I add the SSD can I just reinstall the important programmes to the SSD? Do I have to prepare it in any way or do I just plug it in and reinstall ? Might reinstall windows to the ssd in a future but for now I just need the programmes to work faster.
Cheers !!

Hi guys!,
I have a laptop with a HDD drive which I have been using for some time. I have windows and all files/programmes intalled on the HDD. Lately I've been working on some graphic desing using Photosop/Ilustrator/InDesging and the laptop was struggling a bit. I cannot add any more ram, so the only thing that i could upgrade is to add an SSD ( since I have a spare .m2 slot). After I add the SSD can I just reinstall the important programmes to the SSD? Do I have to prepare it in any way or do I just plug it in and reinstall ? Might reinstall windows to the ssd in a future but for now I just need the programmes to work faster.
Cheers !!
Which OS ? What are disk and SSD capacities ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY