[SOLVED] Adding another fan at top

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
My gaming rig already has Three 120mm fans at front , and another 120mm at the rear as exhaust, I currently use Antec A400 for cooling the Ryzen 5 3600,

My ambient temperature is bit high like 30s, So my idle temperature in 40 now and gaming is 75max,

Will adding an extra fan at top will further bring the temperature down, or simply i should use liquid cooling to bring the CPU temperature further down, if i want to OC it in future, i intend to keep the processor for a years, so will OC it in future.

Solution
OK so i have provision to add three fans at the top so as you said maybe i can try adding one at the top behind the CPU cooler
Your goal is to match intake and exhaust for best airflow. If you place top exhaust fan in front of CPU cooler it would take some air away from it, even if you have 2 or more top fans.
My gaming rig already has Three 120mm fans at front , and another 120mm at the rear as exhaust, I currently use Antec A400 for cooling the Ryzen 5 3600,

My ambient temperature is bit high like 30s, So my idle temperature in 40 now and gaming is 75max,

Will adding an extra fan at top will further bring the temperature down, or simply i should use liquid cooling to bring the CPU temperature further down, if i want to OC it in future, i intend to keep the processor for a years, so will OC it in future.
Yes it should help but watch it's placement so it's behind the CPU cooler.

TRENDING THREADS