Adding DDR3 ram to my system

Yonany

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
right now i have:
8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Balistix Sport DDR3 CL9 1600Mhz
and i thought about adding another 8 (2X4GB), my MB (Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H) have 2 more slots.

i will look for a kit with the same speed (1600Mhz) and CL rating of 9, is there anything else i should know?
the kit will probably be from another model like G.SKILL or something.

4 sticks shouldnt be an issue right? stability problems wise.

Solution
Yes, there are other issues. Different RAM modules may or may not work together. Even with the same timings and most likely not from different manufacturers. At times even modules from the same manufacturer won't work together because they have changed chip manufacturers used on their modules or the chips have different densities. The manufacturer can cut costs using higher density chips when they become available.

It's kind of a crap shoot. Just be sure you buy from someone who will take returns in case they don't work together.
Yes, there are other issues. Different RAM modules may or may not work together. Even with the same timings and most likely not from different manufacturers. At times even modules from the same manufacturer won't work together because they have changed chip manufacturers used on their modules or the chips have different densities. The manufacturer can cut costs using higher density chips when they become available.

It's kind of a crap shoot. Just be sure you buy from someone who will take returns in case they don't work together.

Solution